Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

ShaOW!linDude

OldPangYau

Well, here's my two cents... and stay until the very end, the craziness ensues at the 10:35 mark :wink:

kndnAg5x7V8

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw it and I still wasn't 100% sure who Serkis' character was, IMBD says: Ulysses Klaue.

I thought we was about to get killed off but I see how the injury he was left with will work with the character.

I got caught up in the movie, totally forgot about the Vision, kind of a nice surprise. They did a good job with Quicksilver too, not the show stealer that he was in the last X-Men movie but he has some good scenes.

Secret Executioner
I saw it and I still wasn't 100% sure who Serkis' character was, IMBD says: Ulysses Klaue.

I thought we was about to get killed off but I see how the injury he was left with will work with the character.

Wait... What ? Not sure I'm following here. :squigglemouth:

I got caught up in the movie, totally forgot about the Vision, kind of a nice surprise. They did a good job with Quicksilver too, not the show stealer that he was in the last X-Men movie but he has some good scenes.

Vision was really cool indeed. I enjoyed the portrayals of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, in spite of them being NEVER called that in the whole thing (there's also another element with them that kinda made me a bit sad, but I won't discuss it too much to avoid spoilers)

Wait... What ? Not sure I'm following here. :squigglemouth:

Ulysses Klaue may be the primary villain in the Black Panther movie as the character is a well known nemesis of the Wakanda King.

Drunken Monk

While the film, as a whole, was enjoyable. Even highly enjoyable. It's not without its flaws. The whole run time is, for want of a better term, a clusterfuck.

Vision, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were complete superfluous, with each one suffering from a lack of character development. It genuinely felt like they were just thrown in there as a way to appease comic book fans. Vision was a macguffin and little else.

Also, I felt some of the action was, dare I say, too chaotic? Trying to focus on what was going on became difficult at time, especially during the opening siege.

I liked the film...but it is a mess. I can see why Whedon didn't want to direct the third and fourth installments as his struggles with this film are palatable.

He just seemed to have too much on his plate. The who Banner/Romanoff thing suffered from being underdeveloped and only Hawkeye got any kind of fleshing out.

As a big, ballsy superhero action film, it's highly enjoyable. But as a character piece and a means of developing the characters, I feel like it failed.

I didn't walk out disappointed though. Ultron was fantastic and there were more than enough momenets to keep me thoroughly entertained.

Archived