Daimajin Blu ray trilogy set to be released!!!

waywardsage

waywardsage

Wow! Samurai cinema just keeps getting better for this banner year of releases! The Daimajin trilogy, (long out of print) is getting released by Mill Creek Entertainment on a blu ray set! It will be released September 18th!

Now I'm glad I didn't go crazy and buy that inflated Ebay DVD set.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool. Those are really awesome, unique movies. I have that original R1 box set, but those are non-anamorphic prints---I imagine the bluray is going to be a drastic improvement.

I got it in the mail yesterday. The packaging is great! Two of the films are on one disc and one is on another. Not sure if the disc with two is dual layer or not. But I would assume it is. I haven't had the chance to watch any of them, but I popped it into my PS3 and previewed a few scenes. They all look amazing! The blu ray image is outstanding and is easily the best showing of these films ever.

When I can sit down and watch them, I will report in and give a more in depth review. But so far, it's a no brainer to pick it up off Amazon!

I'm really surprised they never made anymore of these, maybe they're gearing it up for a reboot. Love how they mixed a great Samurai/period piece with Kaiju, that made these movies unique.

I know it's from Daiei, but I'd love to see Godzilla go at it with him, guess Toho did have a similar concept with King Cesear.

Archived