Xiong Xin-Xin

DiP

This guy is seriously underrated and deserves bigger roles. His martial arts prowess really stood out in films like OUATIC 2 as well as 3 and OUATICAA, Heroes Among Heroes, The Blade, Fist Of Fury TV series (vs Donnie Yen), Double Team (vs Van Damme), Simon Sez (vs Dennis Rodman), Shaolin (vs Xing Yu) and last but not least his best performance in years in The Woman Knight Of Mirror Lake.

Any suggestions to other productions he acted in that are worth hunting down?

Edited by DiP
  • Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane

Who's Rodney Dennis?:tongue:

But seriously, yeah he's good.... Think he prefers to be behind the scenes though.

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude

I skimmed through OAB's link to the Coweb thread but I found no specific reference to it not getting a dvd release. I guess I glommed over it. I thought the trailer looked pretty good but when I had the bucks, I never could find it or recall if it was released or not. Personally, I still want to see it.

• Like 1

Who's Rodney Dennis?:tongue:

QUOTE]

not sure why my full name is being mentioned here? old clubfoot did some good action in the movie litlte drunken masters and in the five disicples of wong fei hung tv series with mak mok some good action in that one, and his new movie he id directing and starring in has a great cast (dick wei making a comeback) http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=15248&display_set=eng

TibetanWhiteCrane

Because DIP wrote Rodney Dennis instead of Dennis Rodman, and the child that I am, I made fun of that.... Obviously not knowing it was your real name.... What a weird coinkidink...

• Like 1

I guess adding rdenn on facebook and seeing his dope clips must've had an affection on my mindset. But just to think of it, rdenn's real name does almost resemble Rodman's if you reverse it.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 1

That was great, I always liked clubfoot he really deserved a movie all of his own.

Didn`t he do most of the fighting in OUATIC part 1 because jet li was injured?

• Like 1

I have always known him by the name of Hung Yan Yan, Cantonese as opposed to Mandarin i guess. Yes he is a great martial artist, loved him beating up the cowboys in Once Upon A Time in China and America.

• Like 2

I have always known him by the name of Hung Yan Yan, Cantonese as opposed to Mandarin i guess.

Me too, only when his movies were listed did it click.

• Like 1

These are pretty much the movies I know that utilizes his skills but I'm sure there's more I'm missing out. 

Edited by DiP
  • Like 3

I just use Cantonese names in general, switching back and forth can be confusing. Even though some of these stars are mainlanders, most are from HK and most the films are from HK so I choose Cantonese. If I'm sure they're mainlanders or from Taiwan, I try to use Mandarin.

Xiong Xin-xin is an awesome talent, shame he's never became a superstar like Jet.

Edited by J.J. Hayden
  • Like 2

I loved this guys fight in Once Upon A Time In China And America where he clears out the bar/saloon.Great fight scene👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sym8 said:

I loved this guys fight in Once Upon A Time In China And America where he clears out the bar/saloon.Great fight scene👍

Same here, he was the best thing about that movie, but I hated that they set up for a fight between him and Roger Yuan (who showed off some awesome kicking skills) but it never happened.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dredderick_Tatum said:

Same here, he was the best thing about that movie, but I hated that they set up for a fight between him and Roger Yuan (who showed off some awesome kicking skills) but it never happened.

I think I read somewhere it was meant to happen but they ran out of time.Dont know if they shot any of it though.

• Like 3

I enjoyed his choreography in The Musketeer. He also doubled for lead villain Tim Roth while Tao Qian was Justin Chambers' double

• Like 2