Favourite floor of THE GAME OF DEATH Pagoda?

Omni Dragon

Favourite floor of THE GAME OF DEATH Pagoda?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Favourite floor of THE GAME OF DEATH Pagoda?

• Dan Inosanto(Eskrima)
    • Chi Hon-Joi(Hapkido)
    • Kareem Abdul Jabbar(Unknown)

Omni Dragon

pagoda.jpg

Dan Inosanto(Eskrima)

dan.jpg

Chi Hon-Joi(Hapkido)

Ji.jpg

Kareem Abdul Jabbar(Unknown)

Kareem.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The part where he headbutts, foot stamps and punches kareem has a deeper meaning for me,

I used that little setup to beat a school bully who had hassled me for a while.

I would say that the fight between Lee and Inosanto is my favorite. I've always been a sucker for fights that have Nunchakus in them.:bigsmile: Besides, its been a while since I have seen it, but I believe they're are lot of slight comedic moments in that fight as well. Which I like to see.

From what was filmed: Inosanto. The stick fighting scene really shows Lee utilizing his skills against tradition. Employing kicks with the use of weaponry, and offbeat rhythm to nullify Dan's rhythm was excellent.

Of the not filmed sequences: The Praying Mantis with elements of Wing Chun. This may have been the highlight of the film because Bruce's hands were so fast, and he and Taky worked together a long time in the U.S.

Bruce, doing SHAPES!!!!

ShaOW!linDude

I love the fight with KAJ simply for the novelty of it.

Chi Han-Joi was representing Hapkido? Really? I've always thought he was repping karate and/or judo.

But I pretty much agree with DarthKato on this one. The comedic bravado between Lee and Inosanto helps to make that fight so enjoyable. Lee fencing with a jade stick against Inosanto's escrima's sticks. Dueling nunchuks. Yeah, baby!

I love the fight with KAJ simply for the novelty of it.

Chi Han-Joi was representing Hapkido? Really? I've always thought he was repping karate and/or judo.

But I pretty much agree with DarthKato on this one. The comedic bravado between Lee and Inosanto helps to make that fight so enjoyable.Lee fencing with a jade stick against Inosanto's escrima's sticks. Dueling nunchuks. Yeah, baby!

:yociexpress01:

TibetanWhiteCrane

My fave is surely Lee Hoi San with the butterfly swords, or James Nam on the final level.... of maybe the snake guy... man I can't choose...

My fave is surely Lee Hoi San with the butterfly swords, of James Nam on the final level.... of maybe the snake guy... man I can't choose...

WTF?!

:ooh:

TibetanWhiteCrane

LOL... I knew YOU would be the first one to comment on that:wink:

But seriously, I actually enjoy the pagoda sequence in Enter The Game Of Death more than the original GOD.... yes, you can start throwing expletives now:smile:

But ok, i'll play along a go with the Dan Inosanto level.

No Hugh O'Brien?

This guy could kick so fast that, when fully extended, his legs looked like they belonged to a black guy. That is some impressive shit right there :)

On a serious note, I prefer Inosanto for the combat but I like James Tien's treachery on the Chi Hon Joi floor. He intentionally sends Chieh Yuan up a level to wear Kareem down (not that it worked). Quality stuff.

LOL... I knew YOU would be the first one to comment on that:wink:

But seriously, I actually enjoy the pagoda sequence in Enter The Game Of Death more than the original GOD.... yes, you can start throwing expletives now:smile:

But ok, i'll play along a go with the Dan Inosanto level.

:bigsmile:

:xd:

:neutral:

sifu iron perm

the groovy nunchuck battle scene was crazy but the surreal scene of bruce against the gigantic kareem was badass!

I remeber picking up one of my fav editions of combat magazine..bruce/jackie on front cover. It had a 4 page spread on GOD..with rumours about the missing pagodas..lol @ the lady with two swords etc.

Drunken Monk

I'm going for the Kareem level due to a different reason. Bruce's acting on this level was second to none. His amazement at the Abdul Jabbar's height as well as the sheer shock on his face when being struck is fantastic.

Then when he goes on to reassess the fight and work to bring his opponent down to his level, you can actually see the calculation on his face. You can feel the science of the fight and, in my eyes, it's one of the greatest things Bruce has done.

sifu iron perm

i was nine..it was tough being a fan at that age!!

it got even worst as a teenager, i wanted them all..lol

TibetanWhiteCrane

I shouldn't throw stones..... I stole like it was going out of style back then:xd:

I have since reformed though:angel:

I shouldn't throw stones..... I stole like it was going out of style back then:xd:

I have since reformed though:angel:

I KNEW it.

Probably had wanted pics posted all over town.

:neutral:

:xd:

Hands down Dan Inosanto(Eskrima), but I like the uncut version that was never put in the movie. Its funny if you watch the fight scene between them both Bruce whacks himself in the head with the Nunchucks and recovers really fast and nobody seems to ever mention that.

ShaOW!linDude
I'm going for the Kareem level due to a different reason. Bruce's acting on this level was second to none. His amazement at the Abdul Jabbar's height as well as the sheer shock on his face when being struck is fantastic.

Then when he goes on to reassess the fight and work to bring his opponent down to his level, you can actually see the calculation on his face. You can feel the science of the fight and, in my eyes, it's one of the greatest things Bruce has done.

Interesting assessment. I like that. I'm still amazed by specific piece of footage of Lee rushing at KAJ during about the middle of the fight. Lee is actually a blur on screen. It wigs me out every time I see it.

Coliseum1972

Does anyone know the actual date filming started ?

I assume Bolo was doing Chinese Hercules at that time ?

Hands down Dan Inosanto(Eskrima), but I like the uncut version that was never put in the movie. Its funny if you watch the fight scene between them both Bruce whacks himself in the head with the Nunchucks and recovers really fast and nobody seems to ever mention that.

I dont remember that

Archived