Forthcoming or recent HK film roundup

SimonMW

Okay guys, I need some help. I have been out of the loop for some time now from HK cinema. I've seen the big releases like the Ip Man films etc. However I'm having trouble keeping up with forthcoming films that look good. Some of the titles I can't work out whether they are just big battle films, or general action or whatever.

What are the HK MA films that people are seriously looking forward to being released now?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Special Identity (Donnie Yen's return to contemporary action films, directed by Clarence Fok. co-stars Andy On, Collin Chou, and Ken Lo, so you should expect three great fights there! possibly releasing this Novemeber (?))

2. Chinese Zodiac (Jackie Chan's last big, stunt-filled action film, which also sees him returning to the director's chair for the first time in a long time, in less you want to count the horrible 1911. releasing this Decemeber, hopefully globally as Jackie was at Comic-Con to promote it)

3. The Grandmasters (Wong Kar-Wai's new film, with Tony Leung Chiu-Wai playing Yip Man. co-stars Zhang Ziyi, with the martial arts choregraphy by Yuen Woo-Ping. releasing this December supposedly)

Archived