Assembly

daisho2004

I got this review off of Amazon.com ,this sounds like a great movie has anyone seen it?

5.0 out of 5 stars war story about honor June 9, 2010

By Michael P. Dobey

Format:Blu-ray

This movie is more than a war movie, it's also about the struggle that all soldiers feel about forgotten friends. Civilians often don't want to hear about it and don't want to remember the sacrifices of the fallen. This story is a true one about a company that is destroyed in the chinese civil war (1920's-40's) with a break in their to fight the japanese , it carries on into the korean war too as we follow the survivors struggles to gain acknowledgement for his fallen comrades. This is a universal story and it stands solid for the soldiers of all wars. This movie shows us how soldiers are bound together in suffering no matter what ideology they fought for. And the chinese communist one is one histories bloodiest , but the soldiers in the chinese army were not murderers or ideologues they were just men. This movie is one of the greatest war movies ever made in my opinion because it shows how a man cannot let go of his fallen friends. And remember this man also fights The u.s. in korea (the worst regime in the world at that time and probably today as well) and it still doesn't matter because he's just a soldier who is fighting for his friends first of all. The battle scenes are true to life and this is the way all battles should be shown , in all their horror and fear. But what is touching is the story after the two wars are over for our character and the fact that fellow soldiers still try to look out for him. Every soldier should see this movie and perhaps they can understand why they hurt so deep inside sometimes. The world forgets but the soldier cannot and the people he fights are often men like him in military values. Except when fighting insurgents , some of whom use civilians as shields. or even worse terrorists. But men and women of the trained army from whatever nation can

relate to the struggle that captain c goes through to bring justice to his men's memory. The blu ray looks stunning and it's battle scenes are among the truest and best out there , alongside pvt ryan and other realistic movies. So grab this one and remember those who have served honorably in any nation.

51gBqhzPbVL.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched this a few years back and I agree totally with that review, it's quite an amazing fim, one that moved me almost to tears on a few occasions. Definitely one that I plan to watch again in the future.

@kaleyboy: WOW I cannot believe I never heard of this movie! I'm going to order it today.

One Armed Boxer

Likewise....I also checked this out back when it first came out.

This is a Chinese movie though, so should probably go in the 'World Cinema' forum rather than the Korean one.

I don't remember much of it other than being underwhelmed at the time, and I seem to remember it getting a fair few negative reviews as well as the positive. I guess it's one of those movies that splits people down the middle, but for myself if I can't remember what happened in a movie that was made less than 5 years ago, I have a hard time recommending it.

Definitely look forward to hearing your review of it once you've given it a watch though daisho2004!

This is a Chinese movie though, so should probably go in the 'World Cinema' forum rather than the Korean one.

@OAB: I wasn't sure which genre post it should go in but a lot of the cast is Koeran I think from the reviews, so that's why I put it here.

One Armed Boxer
@OAB: I wasn't sure which genre post it should go in but a lot of the cast is Koeran I think from the reviews, so that's why I put it here.

Hi daisho2004....a fair enough reason, but I think you might have been looking at the cast list for the wrong movie, to my knowledge 'Assembly' doesn't have a single Korean cast member, they're all Chinese.

OpiumKungFuCracker

I I remember correctly, there is only 2 battle scenes and the rest was dialogue and it bored the living hell out of me....

Well I hope you're wrong! Thats why you gotta love this site everyone has a diferent view on all these movies, I just ordered it yesterday...But I write my review after I see it.

And yes I did put this in the wrong section, sorry about that!

I I remember correctly, there is only 2 battle scenes and the rest was dialogue and it bored the living hell out of me....

Why would 2 battles equal a bad film? Some films are not all about big battles but also have other qualities such as great acting, fine script writing, excellent direction and lavish production values. Maybe you watched this and expected a different type of film?

OpiumKungFuCracker
Why would 2 battles equal a bad film? Some films are not all about big battles but also have other qualities such as great acting, fine script writing, excellent direction and lavish production values. Maybe you watched this and expected a different type of film?

No I was just bored by it... And you're right, it's not all about the battle scenes in a war film but for some reason, I was just bored with this film, that doesn't mean I think it's a bad film in any way....

I remember having a hard time watching it the first time. But it grew on me upon a couple of repeated viewings. Overall, this is damn good film about redemption during warring periods.

OK I watched this film today, and I thought it was an excellent movie. The Violence was realistic & brutal its what you expect from a war movie. I can see where some people would say the film is slow but that's only in the last chapter of the movie but it explained what the Captain wanted and it was acknowledgement for his company of Men and I respected that! The 1st. hour was non stop action of pure brutal warfare. I highly recommend this movie to any fan of War movies.

OpiumKungFuCracker
OK I watched this film today, and I thought it was an excellent movie. The Violence was realistic & brutal its what you expect from a war movie. I can see where some people would say the film is slow but that's only in the last chapter of the movie but it explained what the Captain wanted and it was acknowledgement for his company of Men and I respected that! The 1st. hour was non stop action of pure brutal warfare. I highly recommend this movie to any fan of War movies.

If you had to rate it against My Way, which do you think is a better film???

If you had to rate it against My Way, which do you think is a better film???

@OpiumKungFuCracker: Hands down MyWay is one of the Greatest War movies I've ever seen! And I love most War movies with a few exceptions.

Archived