An idea for the long talked about CGI Bruce Lee movie

Bruce

Not sure if this is the right spot to share this, Bruce belongs in the 70s but a CGI movie would be new, of course. Anyway, I'd love to see Bruce resurrected in CGI form as none other than Marvel Comics' Shang Chi, Master of Kung Fu! Who could play the son of Fu Manchu better than the guy Shang was modeled after to begin with? Everyone's favorite Master Of Kung Fu artist Paul Gulacy has openly stated that he modeled his version of Shang from Bruce Lee, & if you look through later issues of the comic it's easy to spot images lifted directly from Bruce Lee photos. It'd be great if they could also throw Sean Connery & Marlon Brando in there, too, just like Gulacy did , blatantly using their likenesses in his drawings of supporting characters, but getting the rights to use their images seems highly unlikely.

But Bruce as Shang Chi? that just makes sense to me. None of the ideas I've heard in the past for the CG Bruce project have sound particularly exciting (1st plot idea I heard had something to do with a kickboxing champion, which indicated to me that they had no good ideas). I know Master Of Kung Fu as a movie has been rumored to be coming for at least a few years, but I think a live action version would be very difficult to cast convincingly, so why not combine CG Bruce with Master Of Kung Fu? Who do I need to share this idea with if I hope to see it have a chance?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your idea is ok, but that's not what's important to Hollywood big wheels. There has to be some sort of gimmic they can exploit. They're not interested in Bruce Lee; don't give a damn.

Sorry, but it won't happen. :squigglemouth:

Marvel could hire Danny Chan though.. He could play the character with sort of a spirit of Bruce Lee thing going. Action to be choreographed by Sammo. Hung!

Archived