New One Armed Swordsman - New german DVD is longer than the IVL DVDs

Oily Maniac

Oily Maniac

TVP has released New One Armed Swordsman and included a violent kill by David Chiang which was missing in the remastered Celestial version. The DVD has english dubs and subs and is available at dtm.at.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oily Maniac

I assume that they will do another printing when it's sold out, although there are no infos, yet. The DVDs are supposed to look very good, they didn't restore all of the usual Celestial framcuts but the most important one. They are planning on a Blu-Ray, which might be a good alternative to the pricey Thai disc.

Killer Meteor
What gory death are we talking about?

I presume Chen Sings.

I wonder what they restored them from. A print?

they inserted the few frames involving that Death from the German 35mm bootleg which was out on DVD for years. i doubt they restored anything else from the 4 Mins missing (mostly framecuts of course /which can't be inserted/ but for example when David slays 3 Guys and they fall over the Bridge, the last shot of the falling over is missing on Celestial - for example). also the ride to the Castle is cut by 10s (opening of a shot) and such stuff. Celestial butchered one of their most important Movies...

Archived