Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)

AlbertV

This is officially the new title of the upcoming sequel to the 2011 hit film. Chris Evans will return as Steve Rogers/Captain America. Joe and Anthony Russo will be helming the film and for those unfamiliar with the subtitle, Cap's old friend Bucky Barnes is back, but he has been brainwashed and becomes the Winter Soldier. Now, old friends have becomes rivals!!!

Dark Horizons has recently reported that Anthony Mackie is in negotiations to play Sam Wilson, a young man who has the power to communicate with birds and thus, becomes the superhero known as Falcon.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER is scheduled for an April 2014 release.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drunken Monk

Anthony Mackie's in talks to play Falcon, which I think is actually quite exciting. I like that they're trying to slip in a few lesser known characters in order to thicken out the on screen Marvel world.

ShaOW!linDude

Had to google Anthony Mackie; I could see him playing Sam Wilson aka the Falcon.

I'm glad they're going with the Winter Soldier storyline, seemed like a gimme considering we see Bucky falling from the train in the 1st film. Surely there will be a major villain though. Maybe another blast from Cap's past, like Baron Zemo.

What would be sweet is to have an opening fight between Cap and Batroc the Leaper. He's a French villain and could be played by David Belle or Cyril Raffaelli. Of course, I'm dreaming, but hey...:nerd:

Anyone know what happened to Bucky Barnes, and the story of Winter Soldier?

Bucky Barnes was thought to be dead, but he was rescued and then brainwashed to become an assassin known as the Winter Soldier. For those who enjoyed the first film, Sebastian Stan is returning to play Bucky/Winter Soldier.

Dark Horizons revealed yesterday that three actresses are now up for the role of possibly Sharon Carter, the niece of Peggy Carter (the original film's female lead) and potential new love interest for Cap:

Anna Kendrick (The Twilight Saga), Imogen Poots (Fright Night remake), and Felicity Jones (Hysteria)

WARRIOR's Frank Grillo (he played Joel Edgerton's friend/trainer) is in talks to play Crossbones in the upcoming sequel. In the comics, Crossbones is a merc who carried out the assassination of Steve Rogers.

Five actresses are now up for the lead female role:

Emelia Clarke (Game of Thrones)

Jessica Brown Findlay (Downtown Abbey)

Teresa Palmer (I Am Number Four)

Imogen Poots (Fright Night remake)

Alison Brie (The Five Year Engagement)

Nice!!!

Emily VanCamp has been cast as Sharon Carter, the niece of Cap's original love interest, Peggy Carter (bring reprised by Hayley Atwell in a flashback sequence).

Bigger news!!!! Robert Redford may be joining the cast as a senior member of S.H.I.E.L.D.

What is great is that the Russo Brothers are calling this a "political thriller" under the vein of a superhero film...I think this is going to be one hell of a sequel!

Drunken Monk

New four minute clip/trailer...

yNAmjl-pClw

The action looks good but the edits and shaky cam makes it a little confusing to watch.

Noelle Shadow Kick

Hey guys, I was lucky enough to see this movie last night so I wanted to give a quick, totally spoiler-free review!

Now, I don’t want to over hype the movie, but it is just amazing. I’ve seen some early reviews call it “the best solo super hero movie ever” and I think there’s a definite argument there. People here will love the action, it’s heavy on the martial arts and hand-to-hand (but suffers a little from a slightly shaky cam) and is extremely well done. It’s probably the greatest action we’ve seen in these movies. The movie hits all the right beats, doesn’t slow down, and has very Whedon-esque dialogue that makes it feel like Avengers.

I personally loved The First Avenger, but even if you didn’t I think you will love this movie (though I would make sure to watch that before seeing this one if you haven’t). It’s a total game-changer for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and I can’t wait to see more.

To sum up, what I said when I walked out of the theater was “There’s about to be a lot more Captain America fans.”

And to that I say: Welcome to the party, pal.

Wheat Thin Man
Hey guys, I was lucky enough to see this movie last night so I wanted to give a quick, totally spoiler-free review!

Now, I don’t want to over hype the movie, but it is just amazing. I’ve seen some early reviews call it “the best solo super hero movie ever” and I think there’s a definite argument there. People here will love the action, it’s heavy on the martial arts and hand-to-hand (but suffers a little from a slightly shaky cam) and is extremely well done. It’s probably the greatest action we’ve seen in these movies. The movie hits all the right beats, doesn’t slow down, and has very Whedon-esque dialogue that makes it feel like Avengers.

I personally loved The First Avenger, but even if you didn’t I think you will love this movie (though I would make sure to watch that before seeing this one if you haven’t). It’s a total game-changer for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and I can’t wait to see more.

To sum up, what I said when I walked out of the theater was “There’s about to be a lot more Captain America fans.”

Thanks for the review, I'm really looking forward to this film since I love the winter soldier storyline in the comics.

I want to see this movie NOW!

You definitely made me day Noelle...now I definitely am going to see this when it comes out! :D

Secret Executioner

Would be into seeing this one - the new multiplex in my town will have it, which is even more encouraging. It seems (according to Noelle) that you need to see Avengers first, but I could follow Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World without problem (despite the connections, references...). Is it closer to Avengers than these 2 ?

Noelle Shadow Kick
Would be into seeing this one - the new multiplex in my town will have it, which is even more encouraging. It seems (according to Noelle) that you need to see Avengers first, but I could follow Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World without problem (despite the connections, references...). Is it closer to Avengers than these 2 ?

Yes, it is. It ties into the Marvel Cinematic Universe pretty heavily. I would recommend watching Captain America: The First Avenger and then Avengers before seeing this, and I agree that you wouldn't need to see Avengers before seeing Iron Man 3 and Thor 2. That said, did you enjoy those two films? Because if so, I assure you that you will like Avengers. It's streaming on Netflix right now!

Secret Executioner
Yes, it is. It ties into the Marvel Cinematic Universe pretty heavily. I would recommend watching Captain America: The First Avenger and then Avengers before seeing this, and I agree that you wouldn't need to see Avengers before seeing Iron Man 3 and Thor 2. That said, did you enjoy those two films? Because if so, I assure you that you will like Avengers. It's streaming on Netflix right now!

Watching the first Cap' film before seeing the second would make sense. :tongue:

I didn't like the trailer that much so I skipped it and I also skipped Avengers, but I guess I'll give those a chance - just so I can follow the new Cap' without problem.

IM3 was really a mixed bag IMO (actually, I'd go as far as to say it was pretty bad) - the special effects are nice and the armors look great, but I find some of the side characters annoying, I'm not a fan of that bipolar Tony Stark ("I'm so depressed and nervous because of what happened in NY" followed by a lame one-liner followed by depression followed by...) and the Mandarin was so badly fucked up it made the Bane from Batman & Robin look great...

Thor 2, on the other hand, was really nice. Loki is really one of the best villains in those films (and I know, he gets beaten pretty badly by Hulk in Avengers) and I found this whole thing with the universes merging or something creative - only thing that annoyed me were the human characters, Nathalie Portman and her stupid sidekicks first.

watched it yesterday...

and thought it was awesome on a par with The Avengers!!, I was really surprised how good the fight choreography was too, the 1st Cap flik was also brilliant

Archived