Arena of the Street Fighter (aka 'Urban fighter' / 'Street Gang') (2012)

shapes

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a few "waiting to be kicked" moments but, good lord, there looks to be a lot of fighting...and some of it pretty decent!

Nice find.

a german movie for a change... looks not too bad with Mike Möller and Matthias Landwehr

Ut-xrZSm72c

ShaOW!linDude

Cool beans!!! I'm down for this. After seeing an action reel of Moller, I was hoping he'd have a film coming soon. Glad to learn of this. Let's have some fresh new talent!!!

Ut-xrZSm72c

Cool beans!!! I'm down for this. After seeing an action reel of Moller, I was hoping he'd have a film coming soon. Glad to learn of this. Let's have some fresh new talent!!!

Ut-xrZSm72c

I agree...Mike Moller is a great martial artist and he is also a very nice guy. I've spoken with him a few times after he worked on COWEB (he and URBAN FIGHTER co-star Eskinder Tesfay played the breakdance fighters in the film).

One Armed Boxer

Looks like this is finally heading to US shores under the re-title of 'Arena of the Street Fighter'....complete with endorsements from the likes of Isaac Florentine & Don 'The Dragon' Wilson! New trailer below -

I80UGi_MeJs

ShaOW!linDude

YES, PLEASE!!!! SAH--WEET!!!! Thanks for that, OAB.

(Is this the same film as Street Gangs: Show No Mercy?)

One Armed Boxer

This now has a release date attached to it, for the US at least - 6th June 2013!

ShaOW!linDude

So, has this come out yet? I've been looking for it this month but seen nothing.

There was a limited theatrical release in California a few weeks ago...Mike Moller was there with Art Camacho, Don Wilson, and others.

Hopefully, there will be a DVD release in the US soon!

Mike Moller definitely has the skills, no doubt about it. Kudos to the guy for assembling the team and trying to showcase their skills

But the movie left me VERY disappointed. I think, it's one of the worst indie low budget MA movies ever. It's BAD. It's beyond BAD. Broken Path and Con Tour are masterpieces of movie-making comparing to this one. Any short movie from Stuntpeople is better than this!

I'm not talking about the plot, the acting, the make up, the dialogs, the special effects - that's expected from a bunch of enthusiasts.

The fights are boring for the most part, choreo is unimaginative and taken from other MA movies. There's nothing new, nothing exciting. The only good thing in the whole movie is Mike Moller. He does some very good and quite impressive falls and he's in the top shape during his exercise routine. I can't say anything bad about this. Other than that, the whole movie is a total waste of time.

I know, I'm VERY harsh on the movie and the guys tried hard making it, but the final product just doesn't work, IMO...Sorry

Archived