King of the Streets (2012)

AlbertV

Watched this movie today and I didn't really like it at all. The story sucked, and the fights were repetitive. Kick kick kick kick kick.. The same kick over and over. Even when the guy was fighting 10 on 1 you can see guys in the background doing lame ass half swings.. It never felt like it was a 10 on 1.. More like a one on one then one then one and so on.. I think I counted a total of 6 punches the whole movie. I have seen this movie before, but want to get some more activity here so everytime I watch one of my old movies I will leave a small kind review about it. So im sorry if I'm brining up some old shitty movies.

I finally watched this last night (it got a Brazilian DVD release, but I put picking up a copy for a long time). I thought it was decent. The opening fight (and its extension) were fine, but I don't think there was a proper escalation of the action quality. The Fatal Contact-esque sequence where Yue Song does three consecutive one-on-one's was hampered by too many quick cuts. Actually, shaky cam and quick cuts hampered many of the action scenes on the whole. The finale was appropriately long, but it felt like a reprise of the first fight (or a remake of the dojo fights from Fist of Legend or Donnie's Fist of Fury). The final swordfight reminded me of the John Salvitti fight from Tiger Cage II

• Like 2