Jason Statham Favorite Action Role?

One Armed Boxer

What's your favorite Jason Statham action movie?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Jason Statham action movie?

• Safe (2012)
    • Killer Elite (2011)
    • Blitz (2011)
    • The Mechanic (2011)
    • Crank: High Voltage (2009)
    • The Transporter 3 (2008)
    • Rouge Assassin (2007)
    • Crank (2006)
    • The Transporter 2 (2005)
    • The Transporter (2002)

Are their two different SAFE films with Statham in it? ;)

(this is a joke, considering the point of my thread was my new found love for Statham because of SAFE... but it's all good. Sometimes I skim 'n reply myself)

Yeah, skimmed through your post and didn't see Safe being mentioned. My bad.

Transporter 2 has its moments. There's some good MA stuff as well as just solid action sequences. The plot is meh but serviceable.

Avoid Transporter 3 at all costs!!!!!

I couldn't stomach either of the Crank films.

He was in War with Jet Li and I enjoyed it. Good action and some MA, too. (You get to see Kane Kosugi take a beating from Jet.)

I remember Blitz is okay but more dramatic than action-packed. Redemption is the same but with better action.

Personally I really enjoyed The Mechanic and The Killer Elite.

Safe is my favorite Statham film. I love the Transporter films as well. I'd recommend Transporter 2 to you...it's goofy, but it has the most MA action of all the movies IIRC.

Parker was disappointing. Blitz was meh. Only got 20 minutes into Redemption (I do plan on finishing eventually).

I definitely consider myself a Statham fan.

• Like 1

Looks like Redemption, The Mechanic, The Killer Elite and Transporter 2 are the winners. Thanks for the heads up, guys.

I might check out PARKER, only because it's on Netflix.

I thought he was great in Mean Machine, the British remake of The Longest Yard. Jason played the goalie "Monk", a Scotsman who was the Shockner role in the original film (the one WWE's Great Khali played in the Adam Sandler remake) and yes, Monk, like Shockner, was a karate expert.

I loved The first two Transporters. Safe was another good one. However I think one of my favourites of his is Hummingbird/Redemption. It's a drama with maybe two fight scenes, but he really shows he can act, and the lighting of the piece really shows off how good London looks, especially at night.

Don't really like Jason Statham.

Awesome, I'll have to check out that movie. Is it a mockumentary? Thanks for the recommendation!

Morgoth Bauglir
Safe is my favorite Statham film. I love the Transporter films as well. I'd recommend Transporter 2 to you...it's goofy, but it has the most MA action of all the movies IIRC.

Parker was disappointing. Blitz was meh. Only got 20 minutes into Redemption (I do plan on finishing eventually).

I definitely consider myself a Statham fan.

I had to see Safe after reading your intriguing comment. Snatch is still my favorite Statham movie but Safe is my favorite Statham action role. I'm glad I read your comment. Safe kicks ass.

One thing I think could have made it better is if they would have sent a scary badass hitman after Statham. I'm thinking Billy Chow.

I had to see Safe after reading your intriguing comment. Snatch is still my favorite Statham movie but Safe is my favorite Statham action role. I'm glad I read your comment. Safe kicks ass.

One thing I think could have made it better is if they would have sent a scary badass hitman after Statham. I'm thinking Billy Chow.

Cool. Glad you liked it. I'm hoping to see some more good Statham action next weekend in Furious 7! :smile:

DragonClaws

The follow up to Statham's Mechanic re-make is currently in post production. Looking forward to seeing Wild Card and Homefront when I get round to it.

Killer Elite is another good film in which he appears alongside Robert De Niro and Clive Owen. There's less hand to hand combat than Safe but its an enjoyable action film. Parker another good one, the presence of Jennifer Lopez helps a lot to too:smile:. I remember being really impressed by Safe when I first watched it on DVD. Statham is really good in the Safe but he's got the right people working behind the scenes too. Which is a major reason why the film looks so good production wise too.

I got Safe around Christmas time (because of this thread), still haven't watched it though.

The Transporter is my favorite movie I've seen of his, and probably one of my favorite action movies anyway.

• Like 1

I recently got around to watching Homefront which I enjoyed and with a bit of luck I might get around to watching Wild Card tonight.

The thing I like about a Jason Statham movie is you know exactly what you're going to get, you can just turn your brain off for an hour and half and enjoy.

• Like 1

Cognoscente
On 7/9/2012 at 4:24 AM, One Armed Boxer said:

I recently had a pretty good time watching Statham's new movie 'Safe', and have to admit his movies are usually a guilty pleasure of mine. He brings the 80's action aesthetic back to a time when men where men, and it was more about having a down and dirty brawl rather than having things explode in front of a green screen and muscles created post-CGI. While not masterpieces, if I want to see some decent stunt work and above average fisty cuffs in a Hollywood movie, I usally get my fill out of Statham's movies.

I like Safe. It was touching, clever but funny...both intentionally and unintentionally. I like how his character's image progressed: from prize fighter to homeless guy before finally going to the tried-and-true Statham suit.

• Like 2

Frank Bolte

so for me its now

Safe

Homefront

Man of wrath (his latest is dope af directed by Guy Ritchie)

still the best ones his UK films

• Like 3