Once Upon a Time in High School

daisho2004

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

I really enjoyed this one. Towards the end there's a big brawl where a guy uses nunchaku in one of the most realistic (ie. frantic, sloppy) fights with chucks that I've ever seen. Loved it!

However, it's more of a drama than an action film, so I don't want to get people's hopes up for the wrong sort of entertainment. But it's very good.

I'm a Korean nut. Honestly, I couldn't have been more bored. The spirit of Bruce Lee lives on? Bollocks...

Gotta love the different reviews! I'm going to pick it up anyway, then I'll post my review.

Guest Yi-Long

Good movie. Very poorly marketed.

It's a highschool flick with some fights in it, but it's been marketed like it has anything to do with Bruce Lee or as if it's a martial arts movie or whatever. It isn't.

I think most disappointment comes from people having certain expectations from this movie that they shouldn't have been led to having by those responsible.

It's been a bit of false advertising.

I didn't really like the main actor though. Plus he just looks too old and mature for the part he's playing, which is a common problem in 'teen' movies where the cast is played by tweens.

Archived