Big Boss original Mandarin soundtrack

BlurayStation3

BlurayStation3

I have this Big Boss dvd:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bruce-Lee-The-Big-Boss-1971-RARE-Taiwan-Mega-Star-OOP-NEW-DVD-/251092595637?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item3a7648f3b5

It claims to be a Taiwan release by Megastar but I think it's a bootleg. However, I just switched over to the Mandarin track today and found out it has the original Mandarin soundtrack with the original music that is completely different than the Cantonese version. On my other dvds, the Mandarin track uses the same music from the Cantonese version. I have never heard this soundtrack before. Are there any other (legit) dvds out there than contain the same old Mandarin soundtrack?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Son Of A Gun

You've only just heard the mandarin dub? Where has you been?! :xd: Just kidding. ...ok, only half kidding.

Yes, the mandarin track can also be found on the Fox remastered dvd and various VCD releases of the film. Thats the dub that was released in 1971 on the cinemas. In other words the original. It wasn't dubbed into cantonese until around 1981 for a release.

BlurayStation3

I have the Fortune Star remastered dvd (well, Zoke Culture but same port) and it does not have the original soundtrack.

I really like the music in the original soundtrack. It seems to fit the mood of the movie better. The music in the Cantonese/English tracks feels a bit light-hearted.

Archived