Recording Date ....: 15/01/2009 15:08:26

Directories .......: 19

Files .............: 185

newgen2005
Bruce Lee Italian bootleg BLU RAY :bigsmile::bigsmile:

Those look more nasty than mine kowloon!! :smile:

Nice DVD collection though!

Seller offered me $10 refund!

The least the seller should refund you is what you paid less shipping costs.

BlurayStation3

Interesting Bruce Lee bootlegs. Here are some I have.

Bruce Lee in G.O.D.

Disc is region-free and disc art is pink. The sleeve and flyers look pretty authentic.

There are some dvds that sellers claim are Taiwan version Megastar dvds but I think they are bootlegs:

Big Boss

Has the original Mandarin track.

Enter The Dragon

Has the HK cut of the movie (with the Asian opening credits).

Way Of The Dragon

Game Of Death

Has the HK cut of the movie, with the different opening/ending and glass house fight. The Cantonese and Mandarin tracks each have different opening/ending songs.

Tower Of Death

I also have a bootleg Tower Of Death soundtrack cd.

post-678-144191891966_thumb.jpg

post-678-144191891974_thumb.jpg

post-678-144191891981_thumb.jpg

post-678-144191891988_thumb.jpg

post-678-144191891995_thumb.jpg

post-678-144191892003_thumb.jpg

post-678-14419189201_thumb.jpg

post-678-144191892018_thumb.jpg

post-678-144191892025_thumb.jpg

post-678-144191892033_thumb.jpg

post-678-144191892041_thumb.jpg

post-678-144191892049_thumb.jpg

post-678-144191892056_thumb.jpg

post-678-144191892064_thumb.jpg

post-678-144191892071_thumb.jpg

post-678-144191892078_thumb.jpg

post-678-144191892086_thumb.jpg

post-678-144191892093_thumb.jpg

post-678-1441918921_thumb.jpg

post-678-144191892107_thumb.jpg

post-678-144191892115_thumb.jpg

post-678-144191892123_thumb.jpg

post-678-14419189213_thumb.jpg

post-678-144191892138_thumb.jpg

newgen2005

Nice collection! where did you get g.o.d? I don't mind bootlegs if the discs are oop! Been looking for g.o.d for a while! seen one on ioffer and ebay with different artwork to yours!

BlurayStation3
Nice collection! where did you get g.o.d? I don't mind bootlegs if the discs are oop! Been looking for g.o.d for a while! seen one on ioffer and ebay with different artwork to yours!

I got it on ebay a few years ago.

newgen2005
Got both versions of G.O.D...if anyone is in need let me know

I sure am, can pm me?

Son Of A Gun
Interesting Bruce Lee bootlegs. Here are some I have.

Bruce Lee in G.O.D.

Disc is region-free and disc art is pink. The sleeve and flyers look pretty authentic.

There are some dvds that sellers claim are Taiwan version Megastar dvds but I think they are bootlegs:

Big Boss

Has the original Mandarin track.

Enter The Dragon

Has the HK cut of the movie (with the Asian opening credits).

Way Of The Dragon

Game Of Death

Has the HK cut of the movie, with the different opening/ending and glass house fight. The Cantonese and Mandarin tracks each have different opening/ending songs.

Tower Of Death

I also have a bootleg Tower Of Death soundtrack cd.

What makes you think those Megastar dvds are bootlegs? Those are Taiwan editions.

they have the same subtitle font and look of the HK editions. Which is hard to recreate unless you use the same hard to find software or subtitle company. But the 'english' subtitles are missing is all. If they were gonna bootleg the HK version wouldn't they just copy the entire HK disc over, 1:1 copy? What would be the point in removing the english subs? I have both Taiwan and HK editions.

Can anyone conform that there were in fact Taiwan editions of Megastar dvds released? If not, then I guess I'm wrong.

Regarding the Big Boss megastar dvd. It has the same audio tracks as the confirmed official HK Megstar dvd.

BlurayStation3

I'm not 100% sure they are, but these are sure suspicious:

They came in really cheap, low-quality dvd cases that you would get wholesale from China. I had to switch them out with my clear ones.

There are inconsistencies.

If you look on the spine, there is no mention of Megastar or it's item number (MS/DVD/xx). Instead, there is a logo for another company (Xin Sheng Dai), but neither the front cover or the disc acknowledge this company.

Nowhere on the back cover does it mention Megastar. There is no copyright, licensing or distributing information. Some of the specs are wrong.

The disc art has specs and copyright info in English. There are no English specs on the sleeve, or any copyright info.

The artwork is blurry, but the spine and specs banner are crisp. It looks like they just photocopied sleeve (probably from legit, out-of-print Taiwan dvds), and added their own spine and specs banner.

WotD's front cover says "War Of The Dragon".

These brand new dvds popped up around only a year or so ago. It makes no sense that Megastar would continue to release these old dvds when there are anamorphic and remastered versions available.

It just doesn't seem like something a large company like Megastar would make.

Son Of A Gun

Good points. I noticed some of those things too. But I thought that Taiwan dvds just had a reputation for being half arsed, lower quality covers and details. 'lol From my experience.

But yeah, I think you're right. And I never noticed it saying "War of the Dragon"! 'lol

I didn't even know that Megastar had released Way of the Dragon until I found that Taiwan edition recently.

So yeah, I guess they are boots after all. Not that I care about that. I'm a proud owner of 100s of dvds on DVDR discs. :xd: But I was disappointed to find missing English subtitles streams. :/

BlurayStation3

I'm surprised yesasia.com sells these.

I am glad that I got the Taiwan GoD, even if it's a boot. I like the cool Cantonese/Mandarin songs in the credits.

Those Xin Sheng Dai releases are likely analogous to Zoke releases in Mainland China. They may be official even if they don't look it.

Or at least they release official copies, but get bootlegged themselves. Ala Zoke again.

Son Of A Gun

Thanks for the info, Asmo. I've always wondered about the Zoke situation. How to tell which ones are boots and which are not. I'm guessing the ones that come in a cardboard slip case are fake.

I have very few Zoke dvd's. I believe all of them came in slipcases, I've no reason to believe mine are bootlegs though.

Archived