Omni Dragon

Omni Dragon

Who where the Best Indies directors?

Joseph Kuo, Lee Tso Nam who else?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlackLamaFaction

One of my favorites was Li Chao, he had a string of great films in the late 70's: Crippled Kung Fu Boxer, Fearless Dragons, Cantonen Iron Kung Fu, Ways of Kung Fu etc.. He also worked as action director on a few of my favorites.

Another guy I thought was good was Ting Hwa Chung he only directed two films but those two films were great, 7 Steps of Kung Fu and Mars Villa. I wish he had done more I don't know what happened to him.

Well I wouldn't call Joseph Kuo and Lee Tso Nam Indies. When I hear indies I'm thinkin Eric Jacobus and Vlad Rimburg. Indie martial arts directors on the rise. I'm a fan.

Omni Dragon
Well I wouldn't call Joseph Kuo and Lee Tso Nam Indies. When I hear indies I'm thinkin Eric Jacobus and Vlad Rimburg. Indie martial arts directors on the rise. I'm a fan.

I think of indies as non-SB, GH or Seasonal

what do you call Joseph Kuo and Lee Tso Nam then?

I call them directors bro, but I do see your point though not such big budget directors of the time. Also I appologize I read the thread wrong I read what are the best indies not what where. So sorry.

Omni Dragon
I call them directors bro

OK you got me there :tongue: I meant like there types of films for companies like Hong Hwa.

but I do see your point though not such big budget directors of the time. Also I appologize I read the thread wrong I read what are the best indies not what where. So sorry.

That's OK it's understandable.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Isn't the whole Martial Arts genre Indie??? I live in the states and about 90% of the population don't have a clue or have no interest in this genre.. I guess some folks can't be into something as cool as Martial arts so I say fuck them!!!

2012 to me seems like the rise of the genre I mean I can't remember a time or period where I've seen so many Martial Arts film being release nationwide like this before...

Omni Dragon
Isn't the whole Martial Arts genre Indie??? I live in the states and about 90% of the population don't have a clue or have no interest in this genre..

I guess you could say that lol Ain't it like all over the world?

It funny that same percentage or more even is the percentage of films I watch that are MA :nerd: I thought the film 'HE HAS NOTHING BUT KUNG FU' was a description of my dvd collection.:tongue:

I guess some folks can't be into something as cool as Martial arts so I say fuck them!!!

Amen.

Archived