• (Return)18 BRONZEMEN 2
    • 36 DEADLY STYLES
    • BORN INVINCIBLE
    • DRAGON'S CLAWS
    • MYSTERY OF CHESS BOXING
    • UNBEATEN 28
    • WORLD OF THE DRUNKEN MASTER

Omni Dragon

What do you think Joseph Kuo's best film is?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway

Not sure. From the ones listed either the Bronzemen films or 7 Grandmasters. You didn't include The Blazing Temple (Bronzemen 3) on the list.

Omni Dragon
Not sure. From the ones listed either the Bronzemen films or 7 Grandmasters. You didn't include The Blazing Temple (Bronzemen 3) on the list.

Maximum of 10 answer to a poll.Besides do you think BLAZING TEMPLE is better than 18BM 1 & 2?

Guest Markgway
Besides do you think BLAZING TEMPLE is better than 18BM 1 & 2?

I'd have to see them all again to decide. But it is better than most of the films on that list.

ShaOW!linDude

Hah. I've only seen 2 on that list (I think, and I'm unsure about 1 of those). But since I got 7 Grandmasters about 5 yrs ago, I know I watch it at least once a year. Love that film. That's my vote.

(Boy, I've got some movies to find, don't I.)

I have the Mei Ah disc of BT but have yet to watch. You have me intrigued now Mark. May try to give this one a spin later today.

For me (my taste) I have to go with Dragon's Claws......otherwise it would be 7 Grandmasters.

Yang Wu Liang

It's a tie between 7 Grandmasters and Born Invincible for me. Voted for Born Invincible in the end though to get it off the mark.

It's hard to say which is best, however, 7 Grandmasters and 18 Bronzemen are two pretty entertaining Kung Fu films.

The fact Bronzemen inspired several sequels, and Grandmasters several copy-cat likes, are reflective of their impacts to the genre.

They both feature tons of Shapes/Fu.

No love for Mystery of Chessboxing? It's been years since I've seen it but I remember the fighting being pretty immense. Maybe I just like it because of the Wu Tang References...

Can't decide between this and 7 Grandmasters which was always a favourite. Seeing as 7 Grandmasters has already received a lot of love I'll vote Mystery of Chessboxing for the Ghost Face Killlaaaaahhhh!!!!!!

Black.Dragon

7 Grandmasters has the most action , and the best story of all the films on the list. 18 Bronzemen is a close 2nd, but is definite cult classic .

BlackLamaFaction

It's such a tough decision I wish I could vote more than once. 7 Grandmasters I think is his best film overall. But I really think that World of Drunken Master has the best cast, choreography, and fights of any of his films. That 18 falls of the immortals drunken boxing made for some amazing shapes.. But overall the film had some problems, the ending made little sense, with Mark Long showing up in his Ghostface costume for a quick fight that didn't really fit into the script, but it's always good to see Mark and Jack Long fight it out. Another thing I didn't like was the fact that Li Yi Min couldn't put on the old man make up, they had to get Chui Chung Hei to play him as an old man (I guess it worked). So yeah I think 7 Grandmasters was better, but WODM I think is one of Kuo's more underrated films.

7 Grandmasters is his best film, but I think Mystery of Chessboxing and Born Invincible are more fun to watch.

TibetanWhiteCrane

I respectfully disagree..

Born Invincible is the most overrated kf movie ever, and chessboxing suffers from til much lame comedy, and framecutting. Though I do like it.

7 GM is the perfect kf road movie... Alongside Duel of the 7 tigers.

But thats just my humble opinion.

sifu iron perm

Anyone know the title of the score used right at the end of Born Invincible?

Archived