Taken 2 Trailer

BaronK

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@BaronK: I have to agree with you I wasn't sure how it was going to look from what I had read about it, but its looks BadAss!

First one was great and this looks like it might live up to it. Can't wait.

Smart move bringing back the Albanians. It's the least the makers could ever do. A completely new kidnapping/rescue situation with new antagonists would be an automatic fail.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Oh, those darn albanians....

Seriously, looks pretty cool. Though the director of the travesty that was Transporter 3 irks me a little.

@kingofkungfu2002: I'm going to say this I have the unrated version of the 1st. Taken and I honeslty didn't see anything different in it. It was the samething with The Raid I didn't see any difference in the unrated version of that either.

Guest Markgway

The director has confirmed that there will be an unrated version with more violent action that was cut from the PG-13 version. Honestly I'm gonna wait for that. It's also worth remembering that the original Taken got some terrible reviews.

TibetanWhiteCrane

This first bit of the review has me a little worried...

" I'm beginning to suspect that modern action editors have some sort of digital blender that mixes up raw footage of every stunt and arbitrarily adds a cut every half second. How else can we explain Taken 2, which seems unable to even show somebody fall down without cutting to about 30 angles of the same action in the three seconds it takes them to hit the ground?"

Transporter 3 anyone? Same director, so........

I liked the first film, and im keeping my hopes up for this one. But I am REALLY getting tired of the frenzied quick cut, jerky cam style of today's action flicks.

So what did people think of Taken 2? I personally thought it was OK, especially the hand to hand combat battle near the end. However I was annoyed at the 12A certificate, but the DVD should be better. And I fully agree about Oliver Megaton's editing, he just needs to slow down!

The theatrical version had the action scenes hella cut up it was no fun watching them. The movie itself was ok, kinda pointless tbh. If the unrated version will be better than it already sounds, I may give it another chance.

Archived