My Way (2010)

daisho2004

This movie looks really good below is the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlTkIAkwgFY

Inspired by a true story. Jun Shik works for Tatsuo's grandfather's farm while Korea is colonized by Japan, but he has a dream to participate in Tokyo Olympics as a marathon runner. Tatsuo also aims to become a marathon runner, so the two are in rivalry. But war breaks out and they both are forced to enlist in the army. Tatsuo becomes the head of defense in Jun Shik's unit and he devises a scheme but fails. Jun Shik and Tatsuo are captured by the Soviets. They run away but soon are captured by Germans and forced to separate. In 1944, they meet again at the shores of Normandy.

81FYoqASu6L._AA1304_.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

Damn that cover is awesome!!!! If this is anything like FrontLine sign me up now!!!!!!

OpiumKungFuCracker

I just got this movie last night at my local viet dvd shop and I watched about maybe 20 mins in and the 1st battle scene has to be some of the most visually stunning aggressive combat war scene in a movie to date.. The director out did himself way surpassing the visuals in tae-guki...

OpiumKungFuCracker

I love this movie, my favorite film this year and it's a throwback to the classic war films you grew up watching, very melodramatic and it even one of those slow motion don't leave your brother left behind moment in the film..

OpiumKungFuCracker

^daisho2004 if you haven't already, you can order it right now and have it shipped to you from my local viet shop that I bought from there recently.. When it comes to Asian U.S releases they always seemed to have it early before it ever release to the main markets.. Here is the link to their site if you're still interested...

http://www.minhtan.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=52743

5334013ecb1211e19894123138140d8c_7.jpg

OK I just finished watching this movie and all I can say was Fantastic! Great storyline and great Action sequences, if you love War movies then this is a must own! Another Fantastic job by Korean Film makers. This is going to be a great War movie that will be ranked against some of the best ever made!

OpiumKungFuCracker
OK I just finished watching this movie and all I can say was Fantastic! Great storyline and great Action sequences, if you love War movies then this is a must own! Another Fantastic job by Korean Film makers. This is going to be a great War movie that will be ranked against some of the best ever made!

Agreed, just the sheer amount of the action alone in this movie is insane.... I didn't expect to care for the two brothers in the movie but that was actually my favorite part of the movie... Great stuff all around, definitely my favorite of 2012 so far...

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Just saw this recently. It's epic without losing the heart of the characters, and the story and conflict will surely draw you in. The war/combat scenes are jaw-dropping in their ferocity, and are extremely graphic and realistic (I gasped many times). There are a handful of unconvincing CGI shots, but overall the effects were stunningly photo realistic. The journey of the characters will keep you mesmerized, and I highly recommend it. My only complaint is that there were a few lazy scripting moments where resolution to sticky situations came via timely coincidences. Perhaps if the rest of the film wasn't so high grade, these moments wouldn't have been so noticeable. 8.5/10

Well Go USA's Blu-ray is a beaut.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I agree, good movie.

It is partially based on a real story of Korean that was forced to fight for all those sides and ended up being captured fighting for the Germans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yang_Kyoungjong

Sometimes, as the saying goes- the truth is stranger than fiction. Seeing the trailer for this film, and it's mention of that fact, is the reason I finally watched the film. What an intriguing story. I was already interested as it's director's last film was hellagood too.

One Armed Boxer
I was already interested as it's director's last film was hellagood too.

Kang Je-kyu, who ironically enough was the guy who put Korean cinema on the international radar in the first place with his 1999 flick 'Shiri', which pretty much changed the face of Korean action cinema (for better or worse).

Archived