Miike's Hara Kiri to hit US Theatres July 20th!

waywardsage

waywardsage

Just saw Miike's trailer for his remake of Hara Kiri on iTunes trailers:

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/harakiri/

Despite it being impossible to improve upon Kobayashi's masterpiece original, I'm excited to see Miike's interpretation. It will have more action than the original most likely. I hope it comes to a theatre in my area!

It will also be available on VOD same day.

Has anyone seen it already at a festival?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

If you guys don't watch samurai movies then you have no business talking to me..

U.S Trailer!!!!!!!!!!!

xjs3UBzq1Lo&feature=player_embedded

oneskyforall

Ohh man I hope this comes to a theater close to me!

If not I'll just have to wait for the DVD.

The Raid played in a theater very close to me so hopefully this does too.

waywardsage

I can't wait to see it. A lot of critics complained about it after Cannes. But I don't care what they think. I'm down!

BlackLamaFaction

I will surely go and see it if it plays in my city. I am slightly skeptical about Miike's approach because I'm not certain I agree with turning this film into a 3D action film, if that is in fact what he is doing (I've only seen the trailer). It seems to me Miike might be attempting to reach a wider, more commercial audience than a remake closer to the original perhaps would.. Also, the fact is that action, CGI, 3D effects etc.. are what a lot movie fans are into now. It must be tough for a young kid whose never seen films without these effects to appreciate anything less, which is unfortunate (IMO). Either way, I'll go see it for 2 reasons:

1. I know that Miike is capable of making great films so I would like to see what he did here.

2. This film is far more intriguing to me than Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter or Adam Sandler's latest disaster:khi4k:

I agree I don't see the need for this movie in 3D!!!! But I cannot wait to see Miike's take on it.

Glad to see this is coming to the United States. Hopefully doesn't take the DVD/Blu that long to come out.

Archived