Wild 7

daisho2004

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey daisho,

have u gotten around to checking this one out yet ? if so, how was it ?

i intend to watch it this weekend (if i get around to). will get back here with my impressions in case u/someone needs a feedback to help em decide whether they`ll grab it or not.

action: very decent. none of it reaches a particular high or low. the one aspect of the movie that can be taken seriously.

everything else: bleh, tired, generic, not well developed (most likely they didnt exactly mean to) and while it is all of the above, its not as bad as it sounds. it also has a superslick look if s/o cares and nice production values.

to sum it up- a generic action thriller with the appeal of a bruckheimer production directed by john woo the 90s version, off a script that originated in the realms of manga/anime.

gettin good as long as they fight or chase one another and otherwise movin along in a so so manner without gettin me too involved.

my main gripes: the lackluster love affair (redundant); the absence of a credible threat (bio-terrorism doesnt have a face; sure theres lots of henchmen & a main baddie one can guess quickly, but theres no good movies without good baddies) & the fact they take their time (30, 35 mins) to seriously start setting up the plot of the flick. double bummer we have to wait that long and what we get is s/t way lukewarm.

6.3/10. mildly recommended for fans of the genre.

Looks just O.K. from what I can tell by the trailer. I'm a fan of the original 70s T.V. series and assume the movie is based on the same manga. I'm a little leery of Japanese reboots, so I've stayed away from it up 'till this point.

Archived