Ip Man Final Chapter

peringaten

peringaten

283765_245311625583227_1182402939_n.jpg

So, my Sigung Sin Kwok Lam who produced all the Ip Man films & Woman Knight of Mirror Lake has got a next one cued up to deal with Ip Man's later years through his film studio National Arts; shooting starts around August, got a few names in there, a few more to be confirmed... Anthony Wong will be playing Ip Man, he's been training solidly in wing chun for a year now I've been informed to do the roll justice...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
daisho2004

I thought Donnie Yen is starring in another Ip Man movie? To many Ip Man movies, enough already!

peringaten
I thought Donnie Yen is starring in another Ip Man movie? To many Ip Man movies, enough already!

He is! They've gone Ip Man nuts over in HK. He's the new Wong Fei Hong!!

daisho2004
He is! They've gone Ip Man nuts over in HK. He's the new Wong Fei Hong!!

True Story! :xd:

oneskyforall

So will this final chapter have any Bruce Lee training/mentoring action in it...?

I can't believe there are already 3 movies, Donnie is working on Ip Man 3D and now there is The Final Chapter :tongue: awesome.

Yeah, we don't want them to start a "Ipploitation" genre.:tongue:

I would like to see another Donnie Yen "Ip Man" movie though. The other two were awesome.:smile:

lol @ Ipploitation. Dont forget we also have Grandmasters coming out

I have not heard about that one. What is it suppose to be( a tie in with another one of the movies or a stand alone film)?

Guest Yi-Long
I have not heard about that one. What is it suppose to be( a tie in with another one of the movies or a stand alone film)?

Wong Kar Wai's movie about Ip Man.

... Don't forget we also have Grandmasters coming out

Well, maybe.

:tongue:

It's only been in production for like 4 YEARS already.

:angel:

Ok guys. I just bought the first Ip Man dvd last weekend. So how many are there in total here in the states?

oneskyforall
Ok guys. I just bought the first Ip Man dvd last weekend. So how many are there in total here in the states?

There is Ip Man and Ip Man 2 both starring Donnie Yen.

Then there is The Legend is Born Ip Man which is the story of young Ip man. (Can't remember the actors name, DVD is at my girlfriend's house, too lazy to Google :tongue: )

The actor in Ip Man-the Legend is Born is Dennis To, who had roles in both legitimate Donnie Ip Man fliks (as one of Fan Siu Wong's accomplices in part 1, and Sammo's main to-dai in part 2-leads a nice Hung Gar form, Gung Gee in the ring before Apollo Creed (sorry) Sammo dies in the ring). He is also a to-dai of this Ip Man movie's producer Sin Kwok Lam, and I hope he is also in this movie as he is the next best thing to Donnie himself.

Some pics of Anthony Wong in training for the role under Sin Kwok Lam:

p.jpg

W020120515302250712841.jpg

0515-00282-027b1.jpg

ZjgPxkOa1lzSKIj1DrFMvA.jpg

17373186238135652152.jpg

Wild seeing Anthony Wong in this type of role - he's always struck me as being so out of shape and so typically middle aged......

Don't forget Anthony Wong had a great fighting role in House Of Fury. I am really looking forward to seeing this one.

Doesn't Anthony Wong have a monkey kung fu background?

Yes. Not only that, he is exceptional at it. He's no beginner at martial arts. He just keeps his abilities under the radar a bit. He's more than a suitable match for an Ip Man film.

They have not reached the magical number of 108 yet.

Ip Man - I, II : with Donnie Yen

Ip Man 3 - The Beginning

In production but not yet released: The Grandmasters, Ip Man 3D with Donnie Yen and the movie about the older Ip Man with Anthony Wong.

Archived