Enter The Fat Dragon Deleted Scenes

David Rees

David Rees

Having found a selection of Lobby cards from Enter The Fat Dragon with Sammo Hung,

( i posted a few on my Asian Cult Cinema facebook page here), i noticed this one which has three picture of scenes not in the film as far as i can remember.

I remember a screening me and a friend did in Nottingham which had a few longer scenes but not these. Sadly i doubt if they still exist....below is the lobby card...

etfdlobby5.jpg

The build up may be missing, I:E.Beardy.sizing up Chiu Chi Ling, but the short little bouts are definitely there. When Roy Chiao is informed about the eccentric antique collector, his assisstant informs Chiao about his bodyguards, and the short fights are there.

And they are definitely in the US DVD I have of this classic.

ShaOW!linDude

I was going to say, I remember the other 2 stills being in the film (I think) but the lower left-hand still certainly wasn't. Wonder if that scene had a throwdown?:ooh:

There is a short fight between Beardy and Chiu Chi Ling, but as I posted above the sizing up before the short shapesplay is missing

Love this film
I know Sammo did lots of cool stuff with bigger budgets & more impressive casts later on, but I loved his Bruce Lee impersonations in Enter The Fat Dragon, he manages to be respectful towards the Little Dragon & self-deprecating at the same time. And it's kind of hilarious seeing someone doing damn near perfect Bruce Lee style movements & still getting dropped by the bad guys (I'm thinking of the final fights with the boxer, the outrageously black-faced "black" guy, & Beardy)! I wonder if the same would've happened to Bruce Lee himself if he'd actually tried to fight in real life like he did in the movies?

David Rees

This film deserves a remastered release..another classic sitting in Warners vaults gathering dust....disgraceful!

Here's the opening titles....

-dUjgIbiTSk

Omni Dragon
This film deserves a remastered release..another classic sitting in Warners vaults gathering dust....disgraceful!

Here's the opening titles....

I agree it's my favourite bruceploitation.

FATTY DRAGON SKINNY TIGER got a remaster & the last time I watch that it made me want to watch this lol.

The bootleg which seemed to be a Crash release (but wasn't?) was decent, widescreen letterboxed, original language. There's custom versions of that out there with the English dub added to it.

Cognoscente
On 6/7/2012 at 12:25 AM, Bruce said:
thehangman said:
Love this film

the outrageously black-faced "black" guy

I wonder if Sammo got the idea from that movie which Bruce Li did with Roy Horan and Hwang Jang-Lee.

• Like 2