Blood Money with Gordon Liu and Zheng Liu?

mpm74

Here’s an interesting one: An American-made martial arts movie starring Shaolin Warrior’s Zheng Liu, recording artist Pitbull and 36 Chamber of Shaolin’s Gordon Liu. It doesn’t look bad (doesn’t look great either). More details and trailer.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

5S6Eq5tyjQA

Okay, that looks pretty good to me. Only saw 1 instance of wire work, CGI blood and explosions don't bother me, there were some pretty killer kicks in there. I do hate when someone gets billed as the next Bruce Lee, but I figure that's the selling tactic of the studio and not Zheng Liu's own boasting.

Looks more impressive than Chinese Zodiac's trailer for sure, nice to see Santa in an international flik

OpiumKungFuCracker

Looks like garbage, maybe I can find an aborted fetus somewhere in this movie???

Drunken Monk
Looks like garbage, maybe I can find an aborted fetus somewhere in this movie???

That makes no sense.

This movie looks typically trashy but may have some inspired moments. The action, in places, actually looks quite original and not entirely cheesy.

I'm sure nobody will be singing its praises too heavily when it's released, but it might be worth 90 minutes of my time. Well, it can't be worth than that god awful "Tekken" film, can it?

You're not going to be the next Bruce Lee when yor name is Zheng Liu. People can look at and pronounce the words Bruce Lee.

I got my advanced copy last night and have put the review up on the main page.

I ultimately gave it a 3 out of 5 because IMO it was a good effort and it was a mixed bag (some bad VFX and there is wirework in there for sure, the fight choreographer was Wong Wai-Leung "Jack"). Personally I think it's somewhat unfair that Zheng Liu is being called the Next Bruce Lee. While he may have a bit of a resemblance, I thought he made the lead role his own.

Well, here's some more good news...next week, I will be interviewing Zheng Liu himself and will have it on the main site :)

You're not going to be the next Bruce Lee when yor name is Zheng Liu. People can look at and pronounce the words Bruce Lee.

Well, the interview with Zheng is on the main page and he expressed his feelings about being called "The Next Bruce Lee" (here's a hint...he doesn't like it!)

Hey Albert does GL have any fight scenes? *Please please please*

Sadly no. GL doesn't have fight scenes. He has mainly a straight acting role as an elder monk. He does get to bend a steel bar to motivate ZL to focus in one scene.

Sadly no. GL doesn't have fight scenes. He has mainly a straight acting role as an elder monk. He does get to bend a steel bar to motivate ZL to focus in one scene.

Actually, he does have a brief fight scene but as I've said, it was pretty damned brief.

I saw Blood Money over the course of this week and while the fights were alright, the script was just abysmal to the Nth degree! Sure could use a little more scenes with Shiga Lin.

Actually, he does have a brief fight scene but as I've said, it was pretty damned brief.

I saw Blood Money over the course of this week and while the fights were alright, the script was just abysmal to the Nth degree! Sure could use a little more scenes with Shiga Lin.

I agree...well, I did finally catch Gordon's fight scene. It was only what 10 seconds long before he is killed by Alex Castro? Zheng revealed what could be his next film with the director of BLOOD MONEY. He admits it was a learning experience and now, they hope their next collaboration will improve :) I hope so

Movie was bad! Im a fan of cheesy B movies, but this one was soo bad. The fights were slow and far between. I was not expecting much but even what i did expect, i was let down. The fights were one kick knockouts or a lot of picking up and tossing around. The only positive thing about this movie was the sound track. Liu was wasted Even though his fight was only about 10 seconds, it was the best part of the movie. If you see this on Netflix....PASS it

I was more frustrated with the incomprehensible story. The first 30 minutes or so I really didn't have a clue what was going on. As far as action goes it's not spectacular but okay, there are much worse action cheapos out there.

I'm now curious to see what Zheng and the director have in store for their next collaboration. Zheng said Blood Money helped lay the foundation of what they can do in terms of filmmaking and they want to a martial arts gangster film next....hope they can do it! :)

In case anyone's missed it...my interview with Zheng Liu can be seen here

Archived