Snow White and the Huntsman

daisho2004

daisho2004

Snow White and the Huntsman: is an upcoming action fantasy drama film directed by Rupert Sanders and written by Evan Daugherty. The film is currently in post-production and is slated for release on June 1, 2012 in the United States.[2]

In a kingdom ruled by tyranny, the queen Ravenna (Charlize Theron) learns that her stepdaughter, Snow White (Kristen Stewart), will surpass her as ruler of her kingdom and become the Fairest in the land. However, she is told by the Magic Mirror (Christopher Obi) that if she, Ravenna, consumes Snow White's heart then she will live forever, but Snow White is able to escape into the Dark Forest. To capture her the Queen recruits a Huntsman, Eric (Chris Hemsworth), to retrieve Snow White. However, the Huntsman takes pity on the girl and instead of killing her brings her under his wing and with his help Snow White begins to learn the art of war. She starts a rebellion to bring down Ravenna with the aid of seven dwarves and Prince William (Sam Claflin), who has been in love with Snow White for many years.

My Review: OK I just came home from seeing this movie. I will say it was a good retelling of a classic fairytale, and the SP/FX were great. But this movie is honestly a DVD watch at home movie. So I would save your ticked admission and just pick it up on DVD.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
froffeecoffee

It was much better than I expected. Not great, but really good. Charlize Theron was outstanding as the evil queen stepmother!

Yes, more of a dvd rental.

daisho2004

@froffeecoffee: Oh I agree with you, Charlize Theron was outstanding as the evil Queen Stepmother! I just expected more, exactly what I don't know, just more.

It has the chick from "Twilight"(who I can't stand)in it, so I will be skipping this one.

daisho2004
It has the chick from "Twilight"(who I can't stand)in it, so I will be skipping this one.

@DarthKato: I would still see it, she didn't play that whiny little annoying chick like in The Twilight movies. But I would what for DVD, that I can assure you, that you'll be glad you did.

@DarthKato: I would still see it, she didn't play that whiny little annoying chick like in The Twilight movies. But I would what for DVD, that I can assure you, that you'll be glad you did.

I guess I will rent it when it comes out on DVD, I always have the stop button in case I take a disliking to it.

daisho2004
I guess I will rent it when it comes out on DVD, I always have the stop button in case I take a disliking to it.

@DarthKato: True story! That's why I said wait until it comes out on DVD or better yet cable....:tongue:

Guest Yi-Long

It's getting pretty bad/neutral reviews so far, with the major complaints aimed at either Stewart being in it, and at the length of the movie which is supposedly a bit too short for everything they've tried to cram into it...

I probably won't watch it at the cinema, and perhaps there will be a director's cut with better pacing.

I've seen Stewart in Twilight (only the first movie), and she didn't bother me at all in that. I actually thought she did pretty good.

Archived