Miami Connection (1987)

ShaOW!linDude

2 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Still curious about this guys... 7 years later. :tongue: Can any of you guys that own the L.A. STREET FIGHTER DVD give me an idea of the quality? @AlbertV @QueMuchita???

That's another two I haven't seen.

The DVD Quality isn't exactly great. You can tell it was lifted from a VHS print as it was very dark. Kind of looked like what I saw when it aired on Spike TV (before the whole Paramount Network thing).

Street Soldiers is noteworthy as the only Hollywood (no crossover) film to have Hwang Jung-Lee in it. He is credited as "Jason Hwang" (after his son) and plays Tok, the mute prison cellmate turned henchman of our big bad leader Priest, played by Jeff Rector (who I have to tell you did a hilarious Trump impression in last year's Bad President).

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer

Whoever thought we'd get 2 competing releases of this one in 2022!

Vinegar Syndrome will be bringing it to the US in late May via a 4K scan with a new documentary, and even better, the original version 'Escape from Miami' directed by Park Woo-sang (Y.K. Kim talks about this version in the 2012 Draft House Films Blu-ray, and how after it was rejected by everyone he went in and filmed a bunch of new scenes himself along with changing the ending to a more upbeat one).

https://vinegarsyndrome.com/collections/frontpage/products/miami-connection

VS-395_slipcover_front_PRE_2400x.thumb.jpg.abbcb186336b4c91f5e85f4cc54bff83.jpg

Umbrella Entertainment will be bringing it to Australia in June as a limited run of 100 pieces including a soundtrack CD, a t-shirt, and a poster. This release will also contain a Rifftrax commentary by the Mystery Science Theater 3000 crew, and Park Woo-sangs original ending will be included as a special feature.

https://shop.umbrellaent.com.au/collections/coming-soon/products/miami-connection-1987-blu-ray-1987-collectors-edition

Capture.JPG.5a90b16126073b9553c30333c3386025.JPG

• Like 3

J.J. Hayden
6 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Umbrella Entertainment will be bringing it to Australia

That has to be the most 80's sleeve (and disc!) I've ever seen, I love it!

• Like 2