Men in Black 3

daisho2004

daisho2004

OK I seen this yesterday and I thought it was great way better than the 2nd. movie, I think Josh Brolin played a great version of a younger K! Definitely a must see movie if your a fan of the original. Oh and there is no need to see it in 3D!

In Men in Black 3, Agents J (Will Smith) and K (Tommy Lee Jones) are back... in time. J has seen some inexplicable things in his 15 years with the Men in Black, but nothing, not even aliens, perplexes him as much as his wry, reticent partner. But when K's life and the fate of the planet are put at stake, Agent J will have to travel back in time to put things right. in order to stop Boris the Animal who K put away 40yrs prior & from changing the Future of Mankind and Boris is out for revenge! J discovers that there are secrets to the universe that K never told him - secrets that will reveal themselves as he teams up with the young Agent K (Josh Brolin) to save his partner, the agency, and the future of humankind.

men_in_black_3-banner.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this yesterday, in IMAX, and was pleasantly surprised how well the 3D aspects worked. For instance...

SPOILERS:

When Agent J does the "time jump" for the first time, I felt like I was falling from the building with him. Great stuff!

massa_yoda

Yep, I really enjoyed this one too. I hardly remember the second one, but this one I'll no doubt revisit again when it comes out on Blu. Good humor and great performances.

Sounds like it may be okay. I am a fan of both of the other MIB movies, so I will most likely like this one as well.

daisho2004

@Keung: See I didn't think this movie needed to be seen in IMAX or 3D but again just my own opinion.

@Keung: See I didn't think this movie needed to be seen in IMAX or 3D but again just my own opinion.

I didn't plan on watching it in IMAX. The majority of my friends wanted to so I had no choice really. I did enjoy it though.

masterofoneinchpunch

some random thoughts:

Men in Black III (2012: Barry Sonnenfeld) ***/****:

There is nothing overly surprising about this film other than the fact that they made this, but I liked it more than the second film (which I did not hate though) and not as much as the first which had the freshness of originality. I like sci-fi buddy cop comedy movies involving the space-time continuum and this is a pleasant fun film to watch in the theater.

Boris the Animal, I mean just plain Boris is a career intergalactic nasty criminal who was just broke out of jail using the most obvious way possible -- a loaded cake. He is an insect-like humanoid and a host to a symbiotic insect which also does his bidding in dispatching. Boris, played with glee by Jemaine Clement, then went back in time to kill his captor Agent K thereby changing the future and dooming the Earth to annihilation. It also gave Agent J a nasty headache and a thirst for chocolate milk. He is also the only one who knows of the previous existing reality. So he has to go into the past, find a younger Agent K, and prevent his death to save the future.

Josh Brolin does a spot-on imitation of a younger Agent K (older: Tommy Lee Jones), though it should not be too surprising since he did a very good George W. Bush in W. And his characterization works natural with his budding partnership with Agent J (Will Smith). It is good to see Will Smith act again with is last role in 2008's Seven Pounds and it looks like he will be upcoming in several sequels including Hancock 2, Bad Boys 3, and possibly I Robot 2.

Nice ending which wraps things up in a humanistic way and you get to find out why K is the future surly curmudgeon.

Always good to see David Rasche work. Too bad the Sledge Hammer movie never came about.

I am surprised on how popular this is. It already has passed the 100 million mark here in the US. I like to go at early times on week days to avoid crowds and my employment. But this had a decent crowd for a 2:00 PM Thursday (summer days tend to bring in more early on weekdays as well). Poor Battleship caught in between The Avengers and this. Well maybe not poor, it has made a lot of money overseas.

There is no extra ending here. So you can bolt as soon as you see the typical upward scrolling credit.

I am so tired of the same damn Pepsi commercial with Elton John they play at beginning before the trailers start at the local theater I attend. I have seen it so many times that I start thinking critically about the commercial like if the singer (Melanie Amaro) is supposed to be singing a cappella why is her voice digitally edited and random thoughts like where does Elton John gets his shoes? I still amazed that people laugh at the commercial, but then they probably do no go to the theater as much as I do.

Archived