What was the last classic martial-arts film you watched?

DarthKato

?v=bvfG01U9nnU

Caught this one a few weeks ago. Pretty much non-stop action.

Some excellent shapes. Lung Fei, as usual, does not disappoint.

Unfortunately I have the full frame "Eastern Heroes" DVD.

Would love to get this puppy in proper wide. Anyone?

• Like 1

Morgoth Bauglir

Last classic movie I watched was Kung Fu Massacre. Watched it with a girl I can't believe she liked it. ( it was on the same disc as drunken mantis and when it ended masscare automatically started I didn't intend to show it) I told her halfway through the movie when 'I' thought it was kinda boring that we can shut it off and she says- "I'm interested to see how this one ends." I couldn't believe it. Sweeter words have never been spoken in my ears.

It's been awhile since I've seen a classic movie for the first time. Ive seen too damn many movies. I need to see some of those rares that were all the buzz last time I was on the forum.

• Like 1

TibetanWhiteCrane
Last classic movie I watched was Kung Fu Massacre. Watched it with a girl I can't believe she liked it. ( it was on the same disc as drunken mantis and when it ended masscare automatically started I didn't intend to show it) I told her halfway through the movie when 'I' thought it was kinda boring that we can shut it off and she says- "I'm interested to see how this one ends." I couldn't believe it. Sweeter words have never been spoken in my ears.

Marry her... no matter who she is:smile:

?v=bvfG01U9nnU

Caught this one a few weeks ago. Pretty much non-stop action.

Some excellent shapes. Lung Fei, as usual, does not disappoint.

Unfortunately I have the full frame "Eastern Heroes" DVD.

Would love to get this puppy in proper wide. Anyone?

This isn't the film that's an aka to "Long Step Mantis" is it? This trailer is awesome with some incredible shapes work and I remember "Long Step Mantis" being horrendous.

Does anybody know if this version of "The Dynamite Trio" has a US release?

EDIT: Holy shit, this is "Long Step Mantis!" Why don't I remember the fights looking this good? I'm going to have to revisit it.

This weekend I watched Ninja Terminator on Youtube as well as City Dragon. Kung Fu rappers should have been the next big thing in the 90s, not gangsta rap! :nerd:

• Like 1

Secret Executioner
This weekend I watched Ninja Terminator on Youtube as well as City Dragon. Kung Fu rappers should have been the next big thing in the 90s, not gangsta rap! :nerd:

Excellent choice sir. :bigsmile:

• Like 1

Watched Hell's Wind Staff on MYX TV Sunday night...love this film..extraordinary weapons work from Hwang Jang-Lee and Mang Hoi plus Meng Yuen-Man's acrobatics always top notch. Wish I saw more kicking from Kwon Young-Moon but that's okay!

• Like 1

Watched Hell's Wind Staff on MYX TV Sunday night...love this film..extraordinary weapons work from Hwang Jang-Lee and Mang Hoi plus Meng Yuen-Man's acrobatics always top notch. Wish I saw more kicking from Kwon Young-Moon but that's okay!

I really wish there was a good version of this film available. Every six months or so I'll put in my Xenon (it is Xenon, right?) DVD of "Hell's Wind Staff," see the full screen and poor subs, remember just how unwatchable it is and turn it off. I'm itching to watch it again but I'm prefer not to put my eyes through torture.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's easily one of my all-time favorite films starring Legendary Super-Kicker Hwang Jang Lee. And yeah, the finale is one of the best old school finales ever.

• Like 1

I really wish there was a good version of this film available. Every six months or so I'll put in my Xenon (it is Xenon, right?) DVD of "Hell's Wind Staff," see the full screen and poor subs, remember just how unwatchable it is and turn it off. I'm itching to watch it again but I'm prefer not to put my eyes through torture.

The version I saw on MYX TV was dubbed in English and quite a nice video transfer...I wonder where it came from.

• Like 1

masterofoneinchpunch

The Thundering Mantis (1980: Yip Wing-cho) aka Mantis Fist Fighter

Since I will eventually write a review for Sleeping Fist, I thought I would need to see this. Now it is not a sequel to Sleeping Fist (which several reviews I read stated it was), but involves some of the same cast members including Leung Kar-yan (Beardy), Eddy Ko and Wong Yat-lung a very flexible kid and both are indebted to Drunken Master.

What an ending! For Eddy Ko fans watch We're Going to Eat You afterwards. It makes a nice strange pairing.*

Seriously though Beardy vs. Ko is something to see.

* Reminds me of the Simpson's quote: I've got a gut feeling Uter's around here somewhere. (starts to laugh) After all, isn't there a little Uter in all of us? (laughs harder) In fact, you might say we just ate Uter and he's in our stomachs right now! (laughs) Wait. Scratch that one.

• Like 1

Just finished watching Iron Fisted Monk by Sammo Hung, which I believe was his first directed movie. The only movie I saw from him was The Victim.

Great movie overall with a bit of comedy, the only thing I didn't like was the rape scene that lasted for 5 minutes..... was this really necessary ?

I'm going to watch Warriors Two tomorrow hopefully.

• Like 1

Just finished watching Iron Fisted Monk by Sammo Hung, which I believe was his first directed movie. The only movie I saw from him was The Victim.

Great movie overall with a bit of comedy, the only thing I didn't like was the rape scene that lasted for 5 minutes..... was this really necessary ?

I'm going to watch Warriors Two tomorrow hopefully.

Sounds like you saw the UNCUT version. Here, the HKL version has a cut to curtail the rape scene. I have no issues seeing rape portrayed in movies, doesn't usually bother me as I have seen so many. But what was in particular bad taste in the UNCUT Iron Fisted Monk rape scene was the silly cartoonish face that Fung Hark On pulls when he reaches his orgasm. Clearly designed to make the audience laugh during such a horrific scene.

Warriors Two is a magnificent movie. Its just like IFM, but even better. You're in for a treat.

• Like 1

Dragon Fighter as it is called in the UK. It was released on an ultra budget label called 'hollywood dvd' which released some ifd crap and 3 or 4 other kung fu movies.

This one is pretty good. A taiwanese old skool movie, It stars John Lui as a prisoner in some brutal labour camp at odds with the brutal bullies that run the place. There is quite an emphasies on drama in this one, more so than most other films of this kind. Its quite depressing to watch as you see the bullies persecute Lui and the other prisoners for 75 minutes of the movie, untill Lui finally flips his lid in the last 5 minutes or so. He then gives a full display of his trademark bootwork on the asses of the well deserving antagonists. You can't help jumping for joy when you finally see the bullies get owned. The moose recommends this movie check it out.

I checked HKMDB. This movie was filmed in 1979 and is known as 'Struggle through death' - Hers the poster.

picture.php?albumid=284&pictureid=6810

• Like 1