What was the last classic martial-arts film you watched?

DarthKato

On 11/9/2022 at 10:33 AM, DrNgor said:

Perhaps quantity is its own type of quality?

It can be sometimes I guess, thats a tough one. I just didnt think it was the case with this one.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Chu Liu Hsiang

THE EAGLE FIST. Now on my blacklist for animal abuse. Chi Kuan Chun is too dignified to play the part of the wailing, semi-retarded pupil, he should not play such roles. Those scenes didn't fit into the rest of the movie anyway.

• Like 2

Today, I watched the Asia Line release of A fistful of dragon.

It looks like the picture quality is a little bit better than the previous dvd release, but the movie is still so-so, even with non stop fights.

• Like 2

Killer Meteor
On 11/14/2022 at 6:16 PM, shukocarl1441996347 said:

Not really, couldn't wait for it to finish to be honest.

It was later turned into a subversive French comedy

Edited by Killer Meteor
  • Like 3

The Man from Hong Kong (1975) - It seems Wang Yu is winning me over. I absolutely LOVED this film. Just non-stop fun. Enjoyable characters (the two Aussie cops are great), plenty of fight scenes (including a fantastic dojo brawl), boobs, car chases and a big finale. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do. It's a little too long but when it's this good, is that really a bad thing? Every Hong Kong action lover should have this in their collection.

• Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 1

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

The Man from Hong Kong (1975) - It seems Wang Yu is winning me over. I absolutely LOVED this film.

This one is great indeed! This movie really fitted him well. Same with A Man Called Tiger that I personally hold just a notch higher..

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Django said:

This one is great indeed! This movie really fitted him well. Same with A Man Called Tiger that I personally hold just a notch higher..

I haven't seen that one. Will have to track it down!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I haven't seen that one. Will have to track it down!

It's actually pretty fun. I did it for Basher Month during the Mutual Review era.

• Like 2

Some days ago, I watched The black belt with Pai Ying. very good movie with Fong Yau as the villains of villains and Pai Ying as the hero who kicks Fong Yau and his men (among whom there is San Kuai playing a cripple and Sun Lan) as badly as he can, with the help of Chang Li at the end.

• Like 4

Still some days ago, I watched The invincible kung fu trio.

Meng Fei plays Fang Shi Yü, John Liu plays Lu A Cai and another actor plays Hong Xi Guan. In this movie, it's Hong Xi Guan who plays the hot tempered hero, while Fang Shi Yü is the brain of the trio together with Lu A Cai.

Angela Mao plays Wing Chun, but she nearly has nothing to do in the movie, what a shame !

Great fights, good movie.

• Like 4

Today, I watched The three avengers. I think that this is the first time that I see Chen Yue Sang playing a leading role, and he does a good job. Also, he plays a good guy, here, for once.

Very good fights, entertaining movie.

Does anyone know if Chen Yue Sang played the lead in other movies ?

Edited by ShawAngela
  • Like 4

Yesterday, I watched Dragon force.

Well... just a so-so movie for me. The only good things are the the fights with Ho Chung Tao and his team. it's always good to see Si Ming in fighting roles, but she doesn't have too much to do here.

The plot is... stupid, for me. For instance, what is the use of painting the nude kidnapped girl in order to make her obey the orders after doign acupunture on her ? The acupuncture was enough, for me...

• Like 5

Currently watching 'The Skyhawk.' It's wonderful to see Thailand from the early 70's. The intro looks like it was filmed in Ayutthaya with Samut Prakan Ancient city mixed in. Quite a long walk for the characters to be walking lol, but we're not meant to know that.

I visited Thailand 2005-07

• Like 8

This is two of my overflow stacks. Haven't watched anything in here in several years, but lately been wanting to pop one or two into the player. What would you recommend?

Image1.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, teako170 said:

This is two of my overflow stacks. Haven't watched anything in here in several years, but lately been wanting to pop one or two into the player. What would you recommend?

Image1.jpg

The Ming Patriots or 10 Brothers of Shaolin. :thumbsup

Or anything with Chueng Lik.  It's a shame he in so many lo-fi type movies, but he makes them masterpieces

as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 5

Shaolin Patriot
5 hours ago, teako170 said:

Image1.jpg

You can never have enough of Billy Chong in Jade Claw! 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, teako170 said:

Image1.jpg

Jesus! And I thought my backlog was large. I only recognise a few on thst list. Majority of them I do not know. But Buddhist Fist was great when I watched it a number of years ago. Had a good dub too, but prefer original lingo. 

Star blazers. Isn't that anime? Space Battleship Yamato. 

Whenever I had a big list I would close my eyes and pick a random box from the stack. They are all films you want to watch, otherwise you wouldn't have bought them.

Good luck. It will 6 months to get through them.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1