"Tekken" Prequel (Prachya Pinkaew)

Keung

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be cool. No doubt I love Tekken, but due to the commerical flop the first one was I doubt it. Feng Wei wins lol.

I don't really hold high hopes for this film, considering every other Tekken film I have seen has been terrible

I agree with ya on that one the anime was wack. The cgi film wack. The live action film mad wack. I love the games though my favorite fighter, and I cant wait for Tekken Tag 2 ta drop.

Elemental Fist

I have to agree with TGWTG's Spoony on his review of the live action Tekken film, I actually enjoyed it, more than the anime and CGI film. I'm sorry but in my opinion fighting games don't have the best written material for a story and the Tekken games are among the biggest offenders.

stuntpeople

If one more person makes a Tekken movie without the characters using Tekken moves, I'll shoot the tv. No TKD, no sport karate, please Pinkaew, use Tekken moves. It's an instant win. Otherwise some indie guy's gonna do it and show you up.

I have to agree with TGWTG's Spoony on his review of the live action Tekken film, I actually enjoyed it, more than the anime and CGI film. I'm sorry but in my opinion fighting games don't have the best written material for a story and the Tekken games are among the biggest offenders.

It is true that fighting games have poorly written stories, but I just feel they could have tried harder that they did. Like Mortal Kombat for example, they had very little to go on but they where still able to turn out an entertaining film.

P.S. Glad to see they're other Spoony fans on here besides me.:smile:

Elemental Fist
It is true that fighting games have poorly written stories, but I just feel they could have tried harder that they did. Like Mortal Kombat for example, they had very little to go on but they where still able to turn out an entertaining film.

P.S. Glad to see they're other Spoony fans on here besides me.:smile:

While Mortal Kombat did have little to go on, the first game alone had much more material than almost all of the Tekken games.

ShaOW!linDude

To me, like Eric, this should be about showcasing the martial disciplines and the classic moves of the characters.

Avoid all the supernatural crap. This doesn't need to turn into a f/x extravaganza towards the end.

And don't intersperse the fights with each other. Start one, stick to it, and finish it. Whenever directors leap from fight to fight in a film, I always feel I miss out on something in the context of that particular fight's flow. I hate that.

While Mortal Kombat did have little to go on, the first game alone had much more material than almost all of the Tekken games.

True. I guess it just comes down to trying to have as much of a coherent story as possible and to make sure the characters and fights are entertaining.:angel:

And don't intersperse the fights with each other. Start one, stick to it, and finish it. Whenever directors leap from fight to fight in a film, I always feel I miss out on something in the context of that particular fight's flow. I hate that.

I hate that as well. You start to get into the fight and then bam!, its over and you're left wonder what happened.:squigglemouth:

Archived