Funimation Shaws? What did people think

waywardsage

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway
Did the IVL's have a cantonese soundtrack?

Strangely enough, no.

So I guess if you like the films you're as well going with the Funimation releases.

Funimation are the only good option, the horrible 5.1 on the IVL is not an option (plus interlaced PAL-NTSC crap)

Love the Funimation releases, thought they were great. No one working the Funimation booths at Comic-Con the last three years has had any clue they put out kung fu movies though haha.

I wish that they had released more. I don't really understand peoples bitching about them. But that pretty much sunk the chance of them licensing any more.

I wish that they had released more. I don't really understand peoples bitching about them. But that pretty much sunk the chance of them licensing any more.

Ditto that.

I didn't think Funimation had anything to do with putting together their releases, except for the marketing. I thought they were bought over when BCI went out of business.

shaolin swords

100% agree with you.......somebody always got something to say weather its dragon dynasty or funimation etc somebody is always going to have something negative to say just enjoy the god damn movie:xd:

REALLY?

Aside from the first two in the range, which were presented incorrectly, I'm not aware of any of the discs being critiised - aside from the unfair complaints about their being no "original" dub on Bastard Swordsman.

The first two had problems, the rest were fine, IMO. Funimation put out movies that BCI was originally slated to release. BCI closed, though, and Funimation used those materials. These were slightly lesser versions, I think, because the BCI releases were supposed to have some great extras that never made it to the Funimation discs. Funimation hasn't put out any other Shaws because they were not the ones who put together their Shaw releases. They never did anything from the ground up. They didn't assemble the materials or really do any work with Celestial. Since they put these out, Funimation was bought over by another company, so it's tough to say what is in the future, but I think they are looking to more Anime stuff.

Anyone know of any sites that are still selling Shaolin Rescuers for a reasonable price? It's the only one I don't have...

I'm sure someone posted recently saying they saw it in one of the shops they were visiting for a great price. Maybe if you're in the US you need to do some legwork, otherwise you're probably out of luck.

I've been undecided about getting a couple of venoms films Flag of Iron and Kid with the Golden Arm, could have got them both new for a reasonable price a couple of weeks ago, now the price has shot up so much . At least I have DVD-R's of both:smile:

Only one I never got that I wanted was Soul of the Sword.

Naturally, it's OOP.

Right Stuf still has a few copies available:

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/e4t9-1eEi3yQGwG-LC/browse/item/88866/4/0/0

They're actually running a Funimation sale at the moment, so it's only like nine bucks. They still have a few of the others in stock as well, I think.

I'm sure someone posted recently saying they saw it in one of the shops they were visiting for a great price.

Run Run posted that he'd found a copy at FYE; unfortunately, the only FYE in my area closed down this past February. I have a few other brick-and-mortar shops to check out in my area, but I'm thinking getting lucky on eBay may be my only hope at this point.

Many sellers on ebay had these on sale for 2 -3 bucks just a couple months ago. I am sure more will surface again.

really? Wow. It seems like every time I looked they only had bootlegs on ebay of Shaolin Rescuers...or were you talking about Soul of the Sword?

from that right stuff website…

For first time orders paying via VISA, Master Card, or Discover, we require a copy of some form of ID (can be driver's license, passport, credit card statement, utility bill, etc.) that shows your address along with a photocopy of BOTH THE FRONT AND BACK side of your credit card. For security purposes, you may black out one set of digits. This information is to help keep credit card fraud down and is for your protection, as well.

Yeah right I'm really going to do that.

Weird. I guess that must be some new thing they've started. I've been ordering from them for years and never had to do anything like that.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Jeebuz... what is this, the eastern bloc? Papiren, Mein Herr!!!! It's cool that they keep an eye on things, but who the fuck is gonna bother to do all that?

Jeebuz... what is this, the eastern bloc? Papiren, Mein Herr!!!! It's cool that they keep an eye on things, but who the fuck is gonna bother to do all that?

Not to mention that if huge multinational corporations like Sony can be hacked would you feel safe with this dinky little company having that kind of info!

all the funimation shaws are out of print, try to buy the one you want before it's too late, some people are asking ridiculous price on amazon.

Archived