Tony Jaa in the sequel to Machete?!

Bruce

I guess it's only a rumor at this point (according to IMDB), but I'd be much more hyped to see Tony Jaa make his Hollywood debut in Machete Kills (I think that's the title) than I was to see Steven Seagal's supporting role in the 1st Machete movie. The 1st one just wasn't my bag, pretty much instantly forgettable to me, but it'd be interesting to see how much Tony would be allowed to cut loose; hopefully over-editing, under-qualified stuntmen, & rushed filming of fight scenes wouldn't ruin Tony's shot at a Hollywood career.

I'm hoping for good things from the Hollywood debut of parkour pioneer David Belle in the remake of B13, but I don't have my hopes too high not only because of Hollywood's weird ways of "improving" on the originals but because David Belle can't exactly be growing younger. Giving him a co-starring role in a Hollywood movie now is kind of like Jackie Chan getting his big break through role in Tinseltown when he was in his 40s;you can't expect these guys to fully live up to their legends a few years past their physical prime.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived