The Front Line: Last Battle Of The Korean War [2001]

OpiumKungFuCracker

OpiumKungFuCracker

Just came out on bluray/dvd today, anyone seen/hunted this movie down yet??? I really really loved Tae Gu Ki, top Korean movies of all time for me, this is no exception...

Toward the end of the Korean War, an uneasy ceasfire is ordered, but out on the Eastern front line of the Aerok Hills, in an expanse of land called the Aero-K, fierce fighting continues. A race to capture a stategic point to determine a new border between the two Koreas is the ultimate prize. At the Eastern border stands the "Alligator Company," known to be the best soldiers of the front line. They are the only unit to have survived the worst battle of the war at Pohang. When a South Korean bullet is found in the dead body of a company commander, Lieutenant of Defense Security Command Kang Eun-Pyo is ordered to investigate Alligator Company for the murder. Upon arrival, Kang Eun-Pyo is immediately shocked at the state of the soldiers, the conditions on the front, and the presence of Kim Soo-Hyuk, a former friend he believed to be dead. With a truce promised for years but no end in sight, one man struggles to make sense of a crime in the face of countless lives sacrificed for war.

81yiRg8KpDL._AA1304_.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

The best movie I've seen all year... So much better than Tae Gu Ki...

daisho2004

I just watch this movie last night what a great movie! The Koreans have done it again another masterpiece of film making. Its a civil war with the North against the South all over again. Great storyline & Great Action Scenes. This is a must own DVD! War is Hell plain & simple!

OpiumKungFuCracker
I just watch this movie last night what a great movie! The Koreans have done it again another masterpiece of film making. Its a civil war with the North against the South all over again. Great storyline & Great Action Scenes. This is a must own DVD! War is Hell plain & simple!

I agree!!! The comrade and brotherhood storyline in this movie as well as the actors were top notch... The lead actor in this movie, Ha-kyun Shin is just great.. I'm used to seeing him play the muted characters like in No Mercy For The Rude and Sympathy Vengeance.. Here he's the starring vehicle and the supporting cast were just outstanding...

daisho2004

There is another War movie coming out in July by the Korean's if you seen the previews called "My Way" which looks excellent as well! I cannot wait to pick that one up.

I recently saw this movie and it is SO amazing. Best war (anti-war) movie I've seen since Band of Brothers. Really shows the horror of it all. Everyone should see this film.

This is just the beginning for me...now I need to see MY WAY and TAE GUK GI. Both look amazing as well.

OpiumKungFuCracker
I recently saw this movie and it is SO amazing. Best war (anti-war) movie I've seen since Band of Brothers. Really shows the horror of it all. Everyone should see this film.

This is just the beginning for me...now I need to see MY WAY and TAE GUK GI. Both look amazing as well.

My Way and Front Line are in my top 10 best movies of 2012 so far... Tae Guk GI is amazing, Won Bin is amazing....

Archived