Image acquisition

razorclam

razorclam

Blu ray.com has announced that Image Entertainment has acquired the Amity catalog. When discussing the highlights of the catalog, the mentioned the following: Legend of Seven Golden Vampires and films with Bruce Lee, Angela Mao, and Lo Lieh. They don't mention their films by name though. Any Thoughts?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway

Bruce only made 4.5 films but I didn't think they were with Amity (whomever that is...?)

As for Lo Lieh and Angela Mao given their extensive back catalogues that could be anything.

Wouldn't get too excited. Amity is more know for children's programs like "Big Comfy Couch".

Sounds like PR spin to me, using the names of bigger stars and making things sound better than they are. Since their library "includes four martial arts compilations", Bruce, Angela and Lo Lieh probably just appear in one of those. But who knows, maybe we'll all be pleasantly surprised!

Killer Meteor
Bruce only made 4.5 films but I didn't think they were with Amity (whomever that is...?)

As for Lo Lieh and Angela Mao given their extensive back catalogues that could be anything.

Maybe the Bruce movie is actually a Bruce Li movie?

razorclam

I was thinking the same thing about Bruce Li. As far as big names are concerned, unless your a Kung Fu fanatic your not gonna know who Lo Lieh and Angela Mao are. Also, Image isn't known for kiddie fare. The title that intrigued me was Legend Of Seven Golden Vampires (formerly an Anchor Bay title).

James

HyperDrive

So was Image bought by RJL?

Anyways, this is good news to hear but I am disappointed that Retreat of the Godfather and Revenge of Scarface will never be released.

They mention that Lo Lieh was in KILL BILL Vol. 2... maybe they meant Gordon Liu?

The Silver Fox

Image Entertainment is using Mill Creek as it's business model these days, they are becoming a bottom of the barrel type company which is a shame because they used to have some of the best genre film releases.

whitesnake
Image did get bought out. There may be a link on here somewhere to the story.

Here's one link to the story - "RLJ Acquires Image, Acorn". The new name will be RLJ Entertainment. I hope this won't impact The Criterion Collection.

The link: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118052166

HyperDrive

Ok. Thanks for the confirmation. Looks like they merge in September or October and will not make any major changes to the product lines for the time being.

That is probably where they got the capital for this acquisition from.

Archived