Badges of Fury (2013)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drunken Monk

What little hand-to-hand work was in the trailer looks pretty good but, Jesus Christ, those wires! Does Corey Yuen even know what the fuck he's doing these days?

TibetanWhiteCrane

Not sure what I just watched..... looked like an action comedy from 1995. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it's 2013, and not exactly what I expected from this film..... but I guess that's on me.

And yeah, Cory seems to be going on autopilot.... and has been for quite some time now.

odioustrident

Haven't seen this level of wires in a cop film since Angel of Vengeance. The only other moderns comparable have an outright fantasy element. A weird choice but oddly fresh? Corey has become a certain type of AD that works on films where the action is not front-and-center for the production team. Shaolin was good but he was only part of the equation.

Official trailer is now on the net. Looks more like an action comedy and the overbloated use of wirework is still evident. But the hand-to-hand stuff looks good. I might give this a chance after all.

o-bVj4OCtpE

odioustrident

That is Leung Siu Lung fighting Jet later on in the trailer. Corey hasn't been associated with any exchanges this good in years. I'm actually looking forward to this.

handwork looks decent I can see lot of floaty wirework going on there no surprise there worth a look just to see bruce liang vs jet li

I usually don't like it in a modern setting (Donnie and I hold the same opinion here), but this might actually be fun, even if it is wire-fu. Looking good.

The action does look alright but is it too much to ask for Kiss Of The Dragon Jet Li? And whats with the expendables rip off logo.

The action does look alright but is it too much to ask for Kiss Of The Dragon Jet Li?

Agree wholeheartedly. Jet ain't doing himself justice choosing mediocre movies like this.

just saw this, pretty bad, its like kung fu hustle in a modern day setting cgi looks about 20 years old, comedy is slapstick and not one good fight scene just all cgi, colin and wu jing are wasted and bruce liang is only in this because of kung fu hustle as the fight scene turns into that kind of cgi, good to see beardy in this doing shapes briefly but anyone could of played jet li role as he doesn't do anything exciting here , for an impressive cast this could be one of the worst moderns I have ever seen.

Archived