Badges of Fury (2013)

An upcoming action comedy starring Jet Li and Wen Zhang...

... But Jet's leaving all the action scenes to Wen Zhang while he will provide all the comic reliefs.

The film will be produced by Beijing Enlight (the company behind Flash Point and Legend of the Fist) and helmed by Wang Zi Ming. The film is expected to be out in December this year.

http://board.wu-jing.org/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=d10b990cdcd7dc11a972519bc58829e9&topic=433.45

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really love Wu Jing but I'm not entirely sold on Jet Li for comedic relief - I don't think it's his strong suit. Guess I'll have to see this one for myself........

Laura

QueMuchita

While this sounds interesting and all... How about those other upcoming projects listed there?

Grandmaster of Eight Trigram Palm & a new movie Directed by Yuen Wo Ping.

lillippa328
While this sounds interesting at all... How about those other upcoming projects listed there?

Grandmaster of Eight Trigram Palm & a new movie Directed by Yuen Wo Ping.

yes! those sound interesting !

More news...

The film will be written by Charcoal Tan (OUATIC 2 and 3), produced by Chui Bo-Chu (Kung Fu Hustle, Fearless), and additional castmembers include Liu Shi Shi, Lin Shuang, Liu Yan, Chen Yan Xi, Tian Liang, Collin Chou and Wu Jing. Corey Yuen will handle action choreography duties. The film just started shooting and it estimated to be out this December, as mentioned earlier.

Synopsis: In just 3 days, three cases of Smiling Murder shock the whole city. As he looks into the homicide, the young detective Wang Bu Er (Wen Zhang), the police station's reckless buffoon, makes a shocking statement that this is a serial murder.

He and his buddy Huang Fei Hong (Jet Li) embarks on an investigation full of excitement and unexpected events. Huang Fei Hong may appear to no less muddle-headed than Wang Bu Er, but in reality, he is the real master of kungfu, and would, without fail, at the most critical moment, help Wang Bu Er get out of sticky situations.

Wang Bu Er initially believes that budding actress Liu Jin Shui (Liu Shi Shi) is the prime suspect, but later, she is found to be innocent. Next, he shifts his focus on her sister Dai Yi Yi (Liu Yan), among others. Eventually, Wang Bu Er decides to pose as Liu Jin Shui's boyfriend to lure out the murderer. The closer he gets to the truth, the deeper he sinks into danger.

http://board.wu-jing.org/smf/index.php?topic=498.0

Drunken Monk

Judging by everything Corey Yuen has done since "Shaolin," this isn't looking very good. Add the fact that Jet Li isn't performing any of the action and that it was written by a guy called Charcoal - fucking Charcoal! - I'm not sure I have much faith in this one.

ShaOW!linDude

Synopsis: In just 3 days, three cases of Smiling Murder shock the whole city. As he looks into the homicide, the young detective Wang Bu Er (Wen Zhang), the police station's reckless buffoon, makes a shocking statement that this is a serial murder.

He and his buddy Huang Fei Hong (Jet Li) embarks on an investigation full of excitement and unexpected events. Huang Fei Hong may appear to no less muddle-headed than Wang Bu Er, but in reality, he is the real master of kungfu, and would, without fail, at the most critical moment, help Wang Bu Er get out of sticky situations.

Okay, I'm confused 'cause this seems to me that Li's character is the one doing kung fu, not Zhang's.

Was thinking the same too actually. Probably something that got lost in translation in the earlier report.

The movie is now in post-production and been retitled to BADGES OF FURY.

Synopsis: When a spate of eerie murders erupts across HK two troublemaking cops are assigned to the case. Young maverick WANG and grizzled vet HUANG who is fed up with his reckless younger partner always landing them in hot water. Reaching a dead end after discovering all the victims were former boyfriends of aspiring starlet LIU, the detectives must play a deadly game. One of them must go undercover as Liu's lover to lure the killer out.

http://twitchfilm.com/2013/01/jet-li-collin-chou-and-wu-jing-star-in-cop-thriller-badges-of-fury.html

Am I the only one who doesn't like Wu Jing?

i like wu jing when in the appropriate role...he chooses some terrible shit somtimes

ShaOW!linDude

Personally, I really enjoyed Wu Jing in Fatal Contact and while I didn't really care for the film Invisible Target as a whole, I thought he was an excellent villain in it, as in SPL. But Drunken Monkey?.....Sheesh. I don't know if it's his choosing of roles or him being cast and misused by the directors.

I'm somewhere between Keung and others. Wu Jing has great martial arts ability but most of his roles haven't given him more opportunities and more room to improve. At this point in his career, he needs an exceptional director and action choreographer to help him solidify his overall talent in action performance and acting to stand out as a player in his own right. SPL was a sign that Wu was in the right direction but it hasn't helped him much since. In given time, I'm sure he'll find the right role that will make him a sensation much like Jackie, Jet and Donnie.

TibetanWhiteCrane

I like Wu Jing, but I doubt he will ever be a star or leading man of any note. He's been trying since the mid 90's, that's almost two decades, so if he hasn't made it yet, I doubt it's gonna happen. He's good in the roles he gets, maybe that's enough.

Oh, and they should give the english title another thought.... sounds like some bad spoof movie.

Ridiculous title - it sounds like some sort of spoof, and the poster is pretty pants as well. It doesn't make me want to watch it. Hopefully a trailer will change my mind.

"The film is directed by Wang Zi Ming and produced by Po Chu Chui of Kung Fu Hustle and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon fame. With Wu Jing (SPL) and Collin Chou (The Matrix Reloaded, Flashpoint) also onboard in the cast line-up and Corey Yuen (Shaolin) serving as fight choreographer, martial arts fans will surely not be disappointed for the lack of fisticuffs.

When a spate of eerie murders erupts across Hong Kong two troublemaking cops are assigned to the case. Young maverick WANG and grizzled vet HUANG who is fed up with his reckless younger partner always landing them in hot water. Reaching a dead end after discovering all the victims were former boyfriends of aspiring starlet LIU, the detectives must play a deadly game. One of them must go undercover as Liu's lover to lure the killer out.

The film is currently in post production and its scheduled for theatrical release in China in June."

Yuen Kwei, again.

Yuen Kwei, again.

Who knows, maybe he'll pull off another BFB or KOTD (hopefully) considering the plot's whole nature (serial killing, investigations, thrills).

Bruce Leung and Leung Kar Yan will have supporting roles, according to IMDB.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2644714/reference

...and Wu Jing will just play an un-named insurance agent? I hate to stereotype here, but I can easily picture my own grandma beating up your typical insurance agent.

So far I'm not seeing a good reason to get too excited about this one yet. But I'm still hoping to see an awesome trailer with the coolest, most intimidating insurance agent known to man… If that’s possible.

not sure about beardy in moderns, lets hope laing does some boot in this, this movie is not even listed on hkmdb yet, that site is slacking.

So I actually read the thing I posted and one is named Wang and the other is named, wait for it, Huang. Who came up with that? Badges Of Fury, The Wongs, see it!

Archived