Movies with Lung Ying (Dragon Shape Boxing) in them?

Asmo

Following on from Paimeifist's thread asking about the best films with a focus on monkey fist, I was curious if there were any films that specifically feature Lung Ying (Dragon Shape Boxing) whether as the main style used by the hero/villain etc or just in a fight scene?

Wikipedia says it's used in Dragon Fist but I haven't seen that in some time. It could have just been someone basing that off the title, not to mention it's fairly easy to have inaccurate Wikipedia pages.

Thanks. :wink:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you. Will have to check it out. Is there a decent copy available anywhere? Have heard of this before but I'm ashamed to say it's not one I've seen.

Drunken Monk

I don't know how much of it is traditional but "Dragon's Claws" with Hwang Jang Lee focuses on it...

Fzu6X7ukw1Q

It depends which Dragon style you are talking about Baak pai/Northern or Lam pai/Southern versions-most southern styles have something called Lung Ying in their syllabus either as a part of a Ng Ying Kuen/Five animals form (Hung Gar's Lung Ying is the breathing method Tit Sin Kuen, although some Hung family lineages have a Dragon Claw variant too-usually because they dont have Ng Ying or Sap Ying/Ten Shapes) or as an individual animal style.

As for Dragon Fist, Lung Ying Mor Kiu and Baak Mei are sister styles, and Chan professes a love for Baak Mei and it definitely influenced the style shown in that movie.

Genuine Dragon si-fu Charlie Chan Yiu Lam's part in Duel of 7 Tigers is the best display of Lung Ying Mor Kiu on film.

Thanks for that, popsjnr. Should have clarified that I meant Lung Ying Mor Kiu.

Archived