Shaolin Plot & Rebellious Reign

Ninja Sinai

Ninja Sinai

Some years back I heard that Joy Sales were eventually going to release proper remastered versions of Shaolin Plot & Rebellious Reign on DVD as they had already released these movies on VCD.

Anyone know if they ever did get around to it?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ninja Sinai

Man are you serious?? Daaaaamn!

So does that mean we can except no more classics to ever be released which have been properly remastered and they will never see the light of day!!

I been waiting for yeeeeears to see a proper remastered version of Shaolin Plot, ever since Brian White from HLK told me that they (HKL) would one day release it.

Im vexed!

Killer Meteor
it's over. their licences expired and nobody else will release such title anymore.

Now, if the German companies had used their double bill disc space more wisely then sticking on cut prints of 8 Masters, we may have got something at least.

Now, if the German companies had used their double bill disc space more wisely then sticking on cut prints of 8 Masters, we may have got something at least.

there was an uncut DVD for 8 Masters in Germany too. but in Fullscreen, as nothing else exists for the Cut Scenes.

Killer Meteor
there was an uncut DVD for 8 Masters in Germany too. but in Fullscreen, as nothing else exists for the Cut Scenes.

I mean like on those MIG double bills. I feel that The Tournament, Bandits From Shantung and The Challenger could have shared space with other Golden Harvest titles, instead of cut German prints.

not if there are no other Movies to release on hand ;) there were only very very few GH Classics ever dubbed in Germany.

Damn , that quality looks good, its obviously been remastered at some point. Need a decent DVD release. I recently got the French DVD release of Skyhawk, which was also a remastered print, far superior to the Joy Sales release. Managed to put fan subs on that, i wonder if Shaolin Plot has been released anywhere remastered?

Archived