Need some opinions, please!

MonkeyFu

I haven't seen any of the following films and wanted to anyone who has if they have any thoughts on any of them (type of fighting, decent story, etc.). Are any of them worth getting?

Fists for Revenge

Flying Thief White Flower

Hero of Shaolin

Iron Bridge Kung-Fu

On the Waterfront

The Ape Girl

The Fearless Duo

Young Hero

The Female Chivalry

The Gallant Knights

The Iron Bull

The Supergirl of Kung-Fu

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
odioustrident

Fists for Revenge - I think Kurata bashers are overrated but most will disagree with me. This one doesn't do anything new if I remember right. He's guaranteed to give a few good kicks in every film.

Flying Thief, White Flower- If you want indie LKL choreography from the late 60's - go for Gentleman Sword or Redress.

Hero of Shaolin - which one?

Iron Bridge Kung Fu - haven't seen it - heard it was alright

On the Waterfront - top notch group choreography, not so good for one-on-one

Ape Girl - fun little film that still delivers on action, creative shapes

Fearless Duo - great shapes film

Young Hero - one from 1980? another great shapes film... Kwan Yung Moon doing mantis and making it work!

Female Chivalry - maybe the best traditional kicks from Chia Ling committed to film?... So awesome to watch - but no serious contenders for her to fight.

Gallant Knights - one of the good late 60's swordplays but not in the top tier

Iron Bull - undermentioned basher, the late Alan Tang was a good screenfighter and this is some of the better choreography he got involved in

Supergirl of Kung Fu- one of the great late bashers, some early shapes and great weapons not to mention Charles Heung doing his top handwork

Morgoth Bauglir

I haven't seen mmost of these, but...

Hero of Shaolin- if it's the one with Chen Sing and Hwang Jang Lee, then it is a GREAT movie.

Ape Girl, been a long long time since watching this. I remember it being one of those "so bad it's good" with some quality action.

Fearlesss Duo- I can't say I enjoyed this movie a ton, but, I did enjoy it. You just can't go wrong with Hwang as the villain. I'm always amazed how he manages to keep creating new kicks, and I remember there being at least 2 kicks here that I hadn't seen him do before.

Young Hero- Some really awful undercranking at times, but lots of quality fights, and as odi... said, Kwan Young Moon is really, really good in this.

Thank you all very much for your thoughts! Looks like there are some good ones in the list, so I have something to look forward to.

There are quite a few movies from Taiwan that I haven't had the pleasure of watching yet.

Archived