Need to pick a few Basher fans' brains

66 Mantis

As much as I hate to admit it, I'm not as well versed on the early Basher stuff as I'd like to be. Just didn't have the exposure to it the way I did with later 70s Kung Fu films and 80s action flicks. I'm trying to play catchup at this point, but there are sooo many rare ones (for me, anyway) that I haven't seen. I feel like I've certaintly watched my share... that is until I read about tons of these films that I haven't caught yet. :neutral:

If anyone knowledgeable out there would endulge me on the ones you'd most highly recommend, I'd really appreciate it. If you could just lay a few on me (that I hopefully haven't seen)

Also, here's a couple in particular that I'm curious about; anyone seen any of these?:

The Crush

The Righteous Fist

Death on the Docks

The Dark Alley

Thanks in advance! :nerd:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway

Only one of those I've seen is Docks. Don't remember much about it, think it was OK of its type. Stars Alan Tang.

odioustrident

A lot of people love The Crush but Righteous Fist is by far the best out of all of those IMO.

Yes Righteous Fist and Crush are good but would you know if there are alt titles for Death On The Rocks and The Dark Alley?

Yes Righteous Fist and Crush are good but would you know if there are alt titles for Death On The Rocks and The Dark Alley?

According to Hong Kong Cinemagic, Death on the Docks and Dark Alley don't have any aliases. Really tough to find any info on either. The clip I saw of Dark Alley (courtesy of Jamal) looks pretty cool; big time battle with shovels.

Archived