Which Shaws are crap? Quick, before I order them!

waywardsage

waywardsage

So I was going to put in a big order on amazing for a bunch of the Shaws that I'm missing. I have a few of the Funimation releases left to collect. Mainly the Bastard Swordsman films.

Here are the list of what I plan on ordering:

Jade Tiger

The Sword of Swords

The Soul of the Sword

Bastard Swordsman

Return of the Bastard Swordsman

The Lady Hermit

Lion vs. Lion

Dragon Dynasty vol. 2 collection

Thoughts on any of these? Any thoughts on replacing them with better R1 releases? I already have a good collection. But i'm almost done watching all of them!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
masterofoneinchpunch
So I was going to put in a big order on amazing for a bunch of the Shaws that I'm missing. I have a few of the Funimation releases left to collect. Mainly the Bastard Swordsman films.

Here are the list of what I plan on ordering:

Jade Tiger

The Sword of Swords

The Soul of the Sword

Bastard Swordsman

Return of the Bastard Swordsman

The Lady Hermit

Lion vs. Lion

Dragon Dynasty vol. 2 collection

Thoughts on any of these? Any thoughts on replacing them with better R1 releases? I already have a good collection. But i'm almost done watching all of them!

I've seen all of those (I own all the R1 Shaw Brothers films) and my favorite two out of that bunch would be Bastard Swordsman and it's sequel. I seriously love those two. But all are worth getting (even Lion vs. Lion in my opinion).

Cmon your going to watch them anyways.

I've seen all of those (I own all the R1 Shaw Brothers films) and my favorite two out of that bunch would be Bastard Swordsman and it's sequel. I seriously love those two. But all are worth getting (even Lion vs. Lion in my opinion).

Cmon your going to watch them anyways.

Gotta agree on the Bastard Swordsmen...some of the best Shaw fantasy flicks. Not really a bad one in that bunch.

Guest Markgway

None of them are "crap" (even Lion vs Lion is tolerable) but make Sword of Swords a priority as it's by far the best film on your list.

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Soul Of The Sword would be my first pick. Ku Feng and Ti Lung do a great job in this film. Ku Feng especially. One of Ti Lung's most ruthless roles a well.

Eastern Evil

The Jade Tiger would be my 1st pick of that list - a great movie.

All the rest are good as well,

Yeah, I wouldn't say any of them are 'crap', However, I believe you have to watch some of the 'crap' to enjoy the good ones even more.

masterofoneinchpunch
Yeah, I wouldn't say any of them are 'crap', However, I believe you have to watch some of the 'crap' to enjoy the good ones even more.

After watching Journey of the Doomed, I have now appreciated more every other Shaw Brother film I own.

waywardsage

I've added a ton more. I'm debating on pulling the trigger on a huge DVD haul from Amazon before they go OOP. Decisions, Decisions...

Archived