German DVD of Hero (1997)

Killer Meteor

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Betty Pei Ti

As one of the reviewers below wrote:

Die Qualität der DVD ist zwar nicht gerade die beste, aber dafür ist der Film wenigstens ungeschnitten (zumindest dann, wenn man zur FSK-18-Version gegriffen hat). Das anamorphe Bild ist von vielen Verschmutzungen geplagt und kommt auch bei Schärfe, Farben, Kontrast und Bildruhe nie über Mittelmaß hinaus. In Hongkong gibt es zwar eine remasterte DVD, da für die Restauration allerdings die Firma Celestial zuständig war, fällt der Film dort dank massiver Framecuts (am Beginn und am Ende fast jeder Einstellung fehlen einige Einzelbilder) fast fünf Minuten kürzer aus.

Yes, the flik (FSK 18 = NC-17) is uncut, about five minutes longer than the other version but its picture quality is only mediocre.

Is the Taiwanese footage the stuff that was missing from all other versions, referred to here before? So this is the best release, does it have English subs by any chance?

Oily Maniac

Yes, it has the scenes referred to, english subs and dub but I don't know if it's the best picture quality available. It is decent, though.

OK, thanks for your reply, it's appreciated. I wonder how many versions of this film I'll have to get, I think there were a few censored ones, the UK release with more of the ending / less censoring, and that left the Taiwanese version which was supposedly the most uncensored? So this German release seems to be a good one. Thanks again.

Archived