ARC ENT, possible, maybe??

tokenganjaclan

tokenganjaclan

Hey do you all think ARC might pick up some more DD titles? I mean the 10 they put out they got out really fast compared to DDs rate. Worts and all I don't really care as long as they can get them out. I'm not a big blow hard on the audio flubs, I prefer the right ntsc tho not the interlaced flubs, but hey what are you gonna do?

DD still has rights to

Shoalin Temple

Vengeance

New One Armed Swordsman

The Chinese Boxer

The Shaolin Avengers

Clan/Fist of the White Lotus

The Invincible Fist

The Boxer from Shangtung

Boxer Rebellion

Dirty Ho

7 Man Army

Plus quite a few more, but I don't care about those:)

I wish DD still had the rights to the Fortune Star Titles tho, we didn't get any really good titles they had lined up, I think they had 40 something titles and we got crap from that list, I see NO WAY we'll ever get anything now from FS as the rights are gone..Such a shame really.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Killer Meteor
Hey do you all think ARC might pick up some more DD titles? I mean the 10 they put out they got out really fast compared to DDs rate. Worts and all I don't really care as long as they can get them out. I'm not a big blow hard on the audio flubs, I prefer the right ntsc tho not the interlaced flubs, but hey what are you gonna do?

DD still has rights to

Shoalin Temple

Vengeance

New One Armed Swordsman

The Chinese Boxer

The Shaolin Avengers

Clan/Fist of the White Lotus

The Invincible Fist

The Boxer from Shangtung

Boxer Rebellion

Dirty Ho

7 Man Army

Plus quite a few more, but I don't care about those:)

I wish DD still had the rights to the Fortune Star Titles tho, we didn't get any really good titles they had lined up, I think they had 40 something titles and we got crap from that list, I see NO WAY we'll ever get anything now from FS as the rights are gone..Such a shame really.

Yes, I want these babies cranked out, in multi-packs if necessary! No PAL-NTSC flubs this time either!

Guest Markgway

Of the ones mentioned I'd like to see proper NTSC/Mandarin Mono versions of this pair...

New One Armed Swordsman and Boxer Rebellion

Killer Meteor
I'd still buy it though as there's no better version.

I have the Italian disc, which is celestial transfer with mono audio. That looked fine but the cut (chen sing's death) was quite noticeable. I don't think it was censored in HK as the remainder of the film is pretty gory.

Isn't Marco Polo supposed to be missing some footage on the IVL? Sometimes I think i'm too pendantic for my own good!

Marco Polo IVL is horrid 5.1 and the Celestial Version is sadly censored:

[spoilers]

- Johnny Wang's Slo-Mo Death is missing

- Gordon Liu's Death is missing: After Neckbreak (included) he gets a few punches and a cool slo-mo-Kick.

Killer Meteor

So Avenging Eagle, Human Lanterns, All Men Are Brothers, Marco Polo, New One Armed Swordsman, Chinatown Kid...are there any more Celestials with significant or important footage missing?

Bruce Lee & I from Celestial is uncensored. IVL censored it themselves for their Release. the Japanese DVD is ALMOST uncut, they only fogged one supershort shot of a pussy in a bed ;) (it's cut out in HK)

you can be sure all Shaw Movies were always uncut before Celestial butchered them. these missing bits (among 5 mins more missing due to excessive framecutting) resemble shots that already ARE in the Celestial Version. so the genius techs at Celestial decided to cut them out as they may have been "accidental double Shots" or such stuff.

it's in the German Print too, there's no such stuff as "it never was in the Chinese Versions" like people WANTED to believe when the butchered New One-Armed Swordsman came out on DVD. it's all Celestial's work.

Killer Meteor
you can be sure all Shaw Movies were always uncut before Celestial butchered them. these missing bits (among 5 mins more missing due to excessive framecutting) resemble shots that already ARE in the Celestial Version. so the genius techs at Celestial decided to cut them out as they may have been "accidental double Shots" or such stuff.

it's in the German Print too, there's no such stuff as "it never was in the Chinese Versions" like people WANTED to believe when the butchered New One-Armed Swordsman came out on DVD. it's all Celestial's work.

Thanks for the info! I tend not to be too bothered if it's shot x of someone walking through a door but missing major parts of fight scenes is a royal pain.

Bruce Lee & I from Celestial is uncensored. IVL censored it themselves for their Release. the Japanese DVD is ALMOST uncut, they only fogged one supershort shot of a pussy in a bed ;) (it's cut out in HK)

Oh really?! I heard this film had a special catagory rating due to explicit content. However, when I viewed the film, I was like where is the good stuff?!

Now I understand. It seems Celestial has done quite a bit of tampering with the Shaw library.

Killer Meteor
Oh really?! I heard this film had a special catagory rating due to explicit content. However, when I viewed the film, I was like where is the good stuff?!

Now I understand. It seems Celestial has done quite a bit of tampering with the Shaw library.

I keep hoping someone will release Bruce Lee And I in the States. Unless Linda's superinjunction still counts...

at least keep watching asiandvdclub for a torrent of Japanese DVD with English subs maybe some time later ;)

Guest Markgway

Was the uncut 'sex and nudity' footage from 'Bruce Lee and I' released in Germany? I've definately seen clips that were more explicit than the IVL DVD and I'm certain they were dubbed in German.

I didn't know about the trims to Marco Polo and Boxer Rebellion. Thanks for that info. A shame. Would be great if Tokyo Shock could locate the missing footage from Celestial for BR.

bruce lee & i had uncut nudity in Germany, yes. and maybe in italy too.

forget about any Frames restored to Celestial Releases. most HD Masters are shortened AGAIN when compared to the oldest 4:3 Letterbox Celestial Transfers ;)

Killer Meteor
bruce lee & i had uncut nudity in Germany, yes. and maybe in italy too.

forget about any Frames restored to Celestial Releases. most HD Masters are shortened AGAIN when compared to the oldest 4:3 Letterbox Celestial Transfers ;)

Yes, Heroes Two's HD master is better framed but frame cut, and its credits were re-written in Simplified Chinese, and refered to Chang Cheh as Chang Chen.

What is cut from New One Armed Swordsman to make you say " butchered"?

Killer Meteor
What is cut from New One Armed Swordsman to make you say " butchered"?

It's lots of fighting shots removed, most noticeable the shot when Chen Sing gets killed and blood shoots everywhere.

That shot may be due to local censorship back in the day but it does seem a few random titles are missing odd tiddbits. It could always be those shots were missing to begin with. I've seen theater prints of HK movies where the cool stuff has been cut out (censorship? projectionist wanting a sourvenier?) so I'm not sure we can blame EVERYTHING on Celestial.

After all, All Men Are Brothers has a lot of extra footage ONLY in the German version that was never (AFAIK) in the Chinese/English versions. Or something like that...

...it's all rather confusing so I don't want to sound definitive or pedantic!

NOAS is butchered because basically EVERY Shot of the Movie is shortened of its opening and ending 10 Frames. also they cut out wobbling Shots, which were filmed on faulty shots. or for example a ride to the Castle, 10s. or at the bridge fight, one of the shots when 3 guys are flying over the bridge when killed. all in all 4 Minutes of Footage gone AWOL. and i guess they cut out Chen Sings bloody Death because it's only a few frames long. who needs that anyway? Rot in Hell, Celestial. and the Taiwanese Print is full uncut, it's nonsense that it's missing in the Celestial Print because of old Censorship. why would the other 4 Mins be missing? just stop believing it's NOT Celestial destroying the Movies intentionally to save corners...

Killer Meteor
NOAS is butchered because basically EVERY Shot of the Movie is shortened of its opening and ending 10 Frames. also they cut out wobbling Shots, which were filmed on faulty shots. or for example a ride to the Castle, 10s. or at the bridge fight, one of the shots when 3 guys are flying over the bridge when killed. all in all 4 Minutes of Footage gone AWOL. and i guess they cut out Chen Sings bloody Death because it's only a few frames long. who needs that anyway? Rot in Hell, Celestial. and the Taiwanese Print is full uncut, it's nonsense that it's missing in the Celestial Print because of old Censorship. why would the other 4 Mins be missing? just stop believing it's NOT Celestial destroying the Movies intentionally to save corners...

Thanks! Just the confirmation I needed

What's the story on All Men Are Brothers? If the HK version was "shorter", where did the restored footage (with new foley) come from?

Archived