Rights to Massacre Survivor purchased by Toei Animation?

Bonez

Before Massacre Survivor was purchased by Falkor & other fans, Toby Russell uploaded a clip to Youtube to showcase the quality of his print. Since then, it has been removed due to a copyright claim by Toei Animation. Maybe this is indicative of a future retail release of the film?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLXlmMzmzpI

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sifu iron perm

still haven't seen this one.

But i was following the infamous proposal and thread...lol

the Account was closed because of other infrigements, not because of THAT Movie. others were harmful. why the hell would TOEI ANIMATION have rights for a Taiwanese Kung Fu Movie, guys ;)

Reel Power Stunts

I think the account was removed due to Toei's copyright claim. YT will sometimes delete whole accounts, even if only one video is disputed. That YT account had loads of good videos from different sources - I doubt "Massacre Survivor" was the reason it was deleted.

the Account was closed because of other infrigements, not because of THAT Movie. others were harmful. why the hell would TOEI ANIMATION have rights for a Taiwanese Kung Fu Movie, guys ;)

Ah, overlooked the part that said account. But it's not too outlandish to think Toei would buy the rights to a kung fu film. Look at Funimation, they've released quite a few Shaw Brothers films.

Look at Funimation, they've released quite a few Shaw Brothers films.

Sadly, Funimation only did that because its parent company Navarre ordered them to. It was an attempt to recoup some of the losses from BCI going bankrupt.

18JadeArafats

Was going to kvetch about the 2 on 1 fight being a bad example of waiting your turn and not taking advantage of an occupied opponent, but I'm not gonna :angel:

Archived