Are Dragon dynasty Dvds worth upgrade /

Fanboy1991

I am thinking about getting Golden Swallow but the cover is goofy is the disc that big an upgrade from ivl ?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Killer Meteor
The IVL only contains a 5.1 remix.

The DD Golden Swallow is great - proper NTSC transfer, Mandarin mono and the original English dub.

I'd be curious to hear more opinions about this, as I'm kind of on the fence. I upgraded Deadly Duo to the R1 release, as that didn't have IVL's terrible score. I also upgraded Killer Clans (and will get Blood Brothers), because the IVLs were not anamorphic.

How about Avenging Eagle---is that worth it?

Killer Meteor
I'd be curious to hear more opinions about this, as I'm kind of on the fence. I upgraded Deadly Duo to the R1 release, as that didn't have IVL's terrible score. I also upgraded Killer Clans (and will get Blood Brothers), because the IVLs were not anamorphic.

Blood Brothers is PAL-NTSC on its r1 disc sadly.

Killer Clans - R1 is anamorphic, proper NTSC, Mandarin and original English dub.

Avenging Eagle - DD is good picture, but it's still the cut print (though I don't know what's missing), and the English dub, though original, has some annoying new foley. The Mandairin mono is fine so I reccomend this disc.

Executioners from Shaolin is uncropped the IVL dvd is cropped. Although Avenging Eagle IVL dvd contains a Cantonese track.

http://www.cityonfire.com/double-feature-avenging-eagle-blood-brothers-dvd-dragon-dynasty/

Here ya go. Cheaper than getting them individually.

I agree with the consensus. DD's Golden Swallow is great, and I happen to think the cover is cool.

Killer Meteor
Executioners from Shaolin is uncropped the IVL dvd is cropped. Although Avenging Eagle IVL dvd contains a Cantonese track.

Avenging Eagle is a Mandarin movie technically.

The only american releases I won't get are Lau kar Leung's films (Eight Diagram,Disciples of the 36th and Mad Monkey because they have no Cantonese i guess I'll get the rest and Martial arts of shaolin is interlaced so no point either).

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Avenging Eagle - DD is good picture, but it's still the cut print (though I don't know what's missing), and the English dub, though original, has some annoying new foley. The Mandairin mono is fine so I reccomend this disc.

During the final battle where Fu Sheng and Ti Lung take on Ku Feng there's almost two minutes of fight footage missing. I heard that it was possibly due to damage on the reel used to make the IVL transfer. This makes sense because there's nothing gory that they would've cut here for censorship reasons. But it's a huge bummer because the footage missing is pretty substantial and features all good moves. :squigglemouth:

I didn't realize that this was cropped! :ooh: What's it missing- side info?

Both the top and bottom halves of the screen are slightly cropped which is why I upgraded...the thing with me buying these american releases is I just got the One Armed Swordsman Blu Rays and there great so I wonder if any new Blu rays will come from Taiwan or Hong Kong...

Guest Markgway

The ONE-ARMED Blu Rays were supposed to come out ages ago in HK but were pulled from release. Situation doesn't look good. If there's anything you want I'd snap them up on DVD whilst you can.

I'm still pissed that IVL cut out that end missing fight scene in Avenging Eagles! The scene that is missing is when Fu Sheng and Ti Lung take on Ku Feng and he is on the stairs and the kick the stairs underneath him away great scene and you can see that it was cut!

Archived