He Has Nothing But Kung Fu (revisited).

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I recently revisited 'He Has Nothing But Kung Fu' last seeing this in 1991 on a bad VHS with terrible dubbing. I remembered it as a great movie. The DVD I rented quality was excellent English dubbed.

This movie is nothing less than fantastic. Pops outdid himself in the one.

Wang Yu was in top comedic form, though he certainly was annoying with the dirty tricks he kept pulling. Gordon Liu was at his usual amazing best. Pops having a small role in this flix was still as wonderful as ever plus his amazing choreography evident in every fight.

All the villains were in top form.

* * * * * stars for sure.

Was this a Shaw Brothers move?

A MUST SEE!

PLOT AND CAST:

Wang Yu stars as Sha Shan, a crafty con-artist who uses his wiles to trick money out of the unsuspecting public while also avoiding those he enrages. One particular escapade sees him make a fool out of a local gang member who also loses a considerable amount of money in the process. Unfortunately this sets into motion a series of events which sees the shamed victim sending his vicious gang out to exact revenge and the wiley young trickster with no option but to run away. During these events, he also meets a dazed amnesiac (Liu Chia Hui) he proves himself to be a formidable fighter shortly afterwards and helps his new friend out in a few close escapes from the antagonists. The mystery man - who is actually Ka Yuen, the missing son of a wealthy Admiral - uses his exceptional fighting prowess for good, defeating the oppressive enemies while also dragging the hapless Sha Shan along on a mission to rob the evil to give to the poor.

[edit] Cast

Gordon Liu

Yung Wang Yu

Chiang Tao

Wilson Tong

Lau Kar-wing

Karl Maka

Mars

Lam Ching Ying

Austin Wai

Chung Fat

Mang Hoi

King Lee

Hsiao Hou

Peter Chan

Lee Hoi San

Baan Yun-Sang

GD Y-Y

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

I don't remember if i seen this movie or not but I think I have it somewhere, I need to revisit my old kung fu movies to date...

Where is the pops in this movie??? I dont recall him appearing.

This was the first movie by the Lau Brothers film company, thats why Ocean Shores video released it, and Lau Kar Wing's directorial debut, and certainly pops HELPED with choreography.

It is a great movie but I prefer Carry on Wiseguy.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
Where is the pops in this movie??? I dont recall him appearing.

This was the first movie by the Lau Brothers film company, thats why Ocean Shores video released it, and Lau Kar Wing's directorial debut, and certainly pops HELPED with choreography.

It is a great movie but I prefer Carry on Wiseguy.

I believe, POPS, Lau Kar Wing was the generals other son. He comes in towards the end of the movie and fights his amnesia stricken brother (Gordon Liu) who does not recognize his father and brother.

GD Y-Y

MMMMH that's one I don't think I have seen Carry On Wiseguy. Any other title for this one.

Sorry mate

The Pops is the late nite nickname of LAU KAR LEUNG, Lau Kar Wing is his younger brother, he is the director of He Has Nothing But KF and has the cameo....The Pops helped his brother with action direction

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
Sorry mate

The Pops is the late nite nickname of LAU KAR LEUNG, Lau Kar Wing is his younger brother, he is the director of He Has Nothing But KF and has the cameo....The Pops helped his brother with action direction

Yes U are right!

Thank U for the correction!

:)

GD Y-Y

Killer Meteor

Considering my intolerance for kung fu comedy, i really enjoyed this one. Ending was too abrupt though.

Archived