Tai Chi 0

Drunken Monk

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Yi-Long

Looks gorgeous, and incredibly stupid/bad.

Seems like they had a nice budget and talented people when it comes to cinematography, set-design, costume-design, etc etc... and they were stuck doing a shite movie.

phoenix_darshan

looks like a poorly made fan trailer, ill defo watch it and hope that this music plays no part in it:)

would be such a waste of money, ifand torture if it does.

lillippa328

yea that music alone made it awfuler lol but i dunno ill watch this with a different mindset

Definately not a fan of the trailer, but it's supposed to be a steampunk, martial arts fantasy movie, which I think is kind of a fun idea (at least it's different). I'd give it a shot.

Isn't it supposed to be part of a trilogy?

ShaOW!linDude

I don't know, guys. I'm intrigued by some of what I saw but turned off by the super-heroic wire fu fest of choreography. My jadedness knows no bounds, I guess. Drag.

odioustrident

That looked good to me besides the music and glowing eyes. Better production values than most of what we've seen recently.

so this and wu dang are both martial arts movies but both trailers are not really showing any kung fu in them, so what market are these movies being catered for ?

Its more that people today are using movies titles that are martial but the movies aren't based in that. They're something else.

1.Shaolin - which had action actually taken out!

2.Wu Dang - looks like Dr Wai type

3.Wu Xia - film first and foremost. tiny bit of action made to fit the movie

This doesn't look like a martial picture. Looks like a big spfx flic.

HD teaser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMkUloRXo3s&feature=player_embedded

OpiumKungFuCracker

http://www.cityonfire.com/daniel-wu-promises-a-new-kung-fu-star-in-tai-chi/

BREAKING NEWS: Cityonfire.com has received a press release from Well Go USA stating that Stephen Fung’s Tai Chi O will see a theatrical release in North America on October 26th. Variance Films will handle distribution. We’ll keep you posted on how wide the release will be. Says Jason Pfardrescher, Vice President of Well Go USA, of the film: “It’s awesome, it’s martial arts, it’s gorgeous and groundbreaking and a no-brainer. We’re massive fans and freaked out when we saw it.”

flRWu.gif

TibetanWhiteCrane

I liked Fung's Enter The Phoenix and House Of Fury, but I don't know about this one. Hope him and Daniel Wu's company will prosper though.

Drunken Monk

According to Twitchfilm.com...

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2012/07/stephen-fungs-tai-chi-0-going-3d-releasing-back-to-back-with-sequel-tai-chi-hero.php

Were you impressed by the first teaser for Stephen Fung's upcoming, steampunk infused, martial arts action picture Tai Chi 0? You should have been, as it's the most stylish and energetic thing to come out of China in quite some time. And good news if so, because you're going to get a double dose.

Envisioned as the first in a trilogy, Film Biz Asia brings word that Fung not only shot the first two installments simultaneously but that they will also be released back to back. the first picture - Tai Chi 0 - hits Chinese screens in September with a sequel - Tai Chi Hero - following in October. Both films are being converted to 3D for the theatrical release.

Of special note for martial arts fans is that these films mark the big screen launch of competitive martial artist Yuan Xiaochao. We've lamented for years now the lack of new screen fighting talents coming out of the Chinese speaking world and Yuan looks to be the real deal. Check the trailer out below if you missed it the first time.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Stylistically this looks fun, probably watch it for the overall entertainment value, and not the MA.

if it comes anywhere in Texas then I will definitely be there. Hopefully CC will get it but I'm pretty sure that San Antonio will a screen or two.

Archived