Ip Man 3 - 3D (2015)

Maz

There's a possibility that "Bruce Lee" may not be in Ip Man 3:

Bruce Lee Enterprises, LLC (BLE) – owner of all intellectual property rights related to Bruce Lee, including worldwide rights relating to the his name, image, likeness, persona, signature, voice, attributes, marks, logos, symbols, works, photographs and writings – is seeking to stop the icon’s image from appearing in Ip Man 3. BLE’s COO, Kris Storti, stated that the estate is “justifiably shocked” to learn that the image of Bruce Lee in Ip Man 3 is “completely unauthorized.” The producers of Ip Man 3 have the cooperation of Robert Lee, Bruce Lee’s brother; however, BLE contended that “Robert Lee does not own or control any intellectual property rights associated with Bruce Lee, including, without limitation, any rights to Bruce Lee’s name, likeness and image.” In the meantime, Ip Man 3 producer, Raymond Wong, says the matter will be handled by lawyers.

http://www.cityonfire.com/will-we-see-a-ip-man-3-in-3d/

Am I the only one thinking Bruce is turning in his grave hearing about this sh**!

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drunken Monk

But Bruce Lee was already in "Ip Man - The Final Fight." Did they have rights to his image?

sifu iron perm
Am I the only one thinking Bruce is turning in his grave hearing about this sh**!

yup..

220px-BruceLeeFightsBack.jpg

Phantom Dreamer
But Bruce Lee was already in "Ip Man - The Final Fight." Did they have rights to his image?

Good point. So I guess it's safe to assume Robert isn't on speaking terms with his niece.

its true but they didnt use his name..they just said a famous student who lives iin america or something....

in my opinion Bruce Lee wasnt that important in the life of Yip Man, he was just another student who happend to be famous..they should put more focus on Wong shun Leung ,"one of" Yip Mans best students..

Phantom Dreamer

That's all very touching, but Wong Shun Leung ain't selling any tickets. It is a movie afterall.

it wasnt supposed to be touching...

but if it touched you..great! /:

why not include spiderman then? It would sell like crazy....

If it would feature Wong Shun Leung at least all the WSL students all over the world buy a ticket..anyway nobody said it should be a wsl movie..its still a Yip Man movie!

DragonClaws

It's sad state of affairs when Robert Lee has to ask permission to his use own brothers image. Maybe if he worked for a huge company that wanted to use Bruce Lee's image to sell its brand it would be ok?.

That's all very touching, but Wong Shun Leung ain't selling any tickets. It is a movie afterall.

Besides if I remember right, I think I read the character played by Huang Xiaoming in Ip Man 2 was based on Wong Shun Leung. His character's name was Wong Leung.

DragonClaws

He has kept to his word about losing weight for this role. I'm glad its not due to any health issues.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

11163235_441459559360665_4381409467897991015_n.jpg?oh=31457db251687cb219df6bba6cef558a&oe=559BC156

"Have Sword will Travell"

Donnie Yen with his first ever sword (according to his mother).

Gd Y-Y

Production will wrap three months from now and release date is set either around December this year or Spring 2016, according to Mtime.

TheBigBoss

Interesting find this afternoon guys,

As I was walking home, right across the street from my house (in Shanghai) I found a huge advertisement for IP Man 3. I don't even think it has a release date yet but I do know they're doing some filming in Shanghai. I'm going to ask some friends to see what it says, if I'm lucky maybe I can make my way to one of the sets where they're shooting! Haha Anyway, take a look below for the pic!

68hjjscrf

http://postimg.org/image/68hjjscrf/

Donnie and Mike will shoot their scenes together this month, hence for that advertisement. I'm still curious on how the CGI Bruce Lee issue is going. I really hope the lawsuit goes well and the production team will be forced to scrap the idea.

TheBigBoss

Still think its interesting because I live in a pretty average neighborhood. To see it on the side of a building, not as a billboard is a bit weird. Unless they need extras or something.

Archived