Ip Man 3 - 3D (2015)

Maz

Coincidentally, I'm actually going to watch my copy I bought in PI now. Looking forward to hear your verdict of it.

Excellent movie. One of the best I've seen in the last 5 years.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker
Excellent movie. One of the best I've seen in the last 5 years.

You're talking about the Raid, right?:tongue:

You're talking about the Raid, right?:tongue:

LOL! I'll be getting crap for ever, huh?

And yes, it was better than The Raid, as a whole. I mean, The Raid had better fight scenes (obviously! considering On The Job had nearly zero).

On The Job has a better soundtrack, too.

OpiumKungFuCracker
LOL! I'll be getting crap for ever, huh?

Waiting on your verdict for The Raid 2, so until then, hehehhehehehe.:nerd:

ShaOW!linDude
Absolutely fantastic, assuming that Sammo is also back to do the choreography as well!

Yes, and that they won't be running around on tabletops. :tongue:

A press conference for the film was held yesterday. Donnie Yen, Lynn Hung, Wilson Yip, Raymond Wong and his son Edmond will be back. Word is that Yuen Woo-Ping is going to handle the action choreography this time because Sammo Hung won't be available by the time shooting starts next year.

Yes, and that they won't be running around on tabletops. :tongue:

They've already done that. This time they will fly around. :tongue:

Drunken Monk
Word is that Yuen Woo-Ping is going to handle the action choreography this time because Sammo Hung won't be available by the time shooting starts next year.

I'm actually excited about this, as long as they don't try and do too many close ups or severed edits.

His version of Wing Chun was great in "The Grandmaster" but it was sometimes hard to see.

Considering how Donnie has successfully action directed different styles in recent years, it makes more sense for him to do the action choreography. He's already familiar with the Yip Man character and I'm sure he wouldn't have any pressure like he used to have when he made the first film.

Sammo would've been preferable but IMO he doesn't need to contribute to wing chun onscreen anymore. As for Woo Ping, his wing chun stuff is too watered down with wires and trademarks.

Drunken Monk
Sammo would've been preferable but IMO he doesn't need to contribute to wing chun onscreen anymore. As for Woo Ping, his wing chun stuff is too watered down with wires and trademarks.

I'm hoping Wilson Yip can tame Woo Ping's penchant for wires. After all the first two films are mostly grounded and only use wires here and there.

It would be shitty for them to forsake the original aesthetic for something more outlandish. Actually, if anything this could be amazing for Woo Ping as we might actually get to see something resembling shapes from him again.

That's is exactly why I'm skeptical seeing Woo Ping's name in there. These days, he can't control his fetish for wires.

That's is exactly why I'm skeptical seeing Woo Ping's name in there. These days, he can't control his fetish for wires.

Same thoughts here. But seriously, no Sammo?

Ip Man 3 heading to US

EXCLUSIVE: Latest instalment of biopic action franchise sells to Well Go USA.

Well Go USA has snapped up North America and a slew of other territories on Pegasus Motion Pictures’ Ip Man 3, an ambitious 3D installment in the biopic action franchise starring Donnie Yen.

Well Go has also bought France, Germany, UK, Benelux, Nordic territories and Latin America on the $36m film which reunites Yen with producer Raymond Wong, director Wilson Yip and writer Edmond Wong.

Production is scheduled to start in early 2015.

“This film focuses on the master-student relationship between Ip Man and Bruce Lee,” said Edmond Wong. “It also portrays Ip Man at a stage when he is searching for the real meaning in life.”

Well Go has also acquired North American rights to Pegasus Motion Pictures’ Z-Storm, a crime thriller about an anti-corruption investigation, starring Louis Koo and Gordon Lam.

Meanwhile, Korea’s Daou Tech has also acquired both Ip Man 3 and Z-Storm. The two titles have also both gone to Taiwan’s Sky Films.

Source: http://www.screendaily.com/news/ip-man-3-heading-to-us/5071955.article?referrer=RSS

OpiumKungFuCracker
Awesome. But who will be playing Bruce lee?

I'd go with Wu Jing/Iko Uwais/Tony Jaa/ or Bryan Cranston easily.

I was hoping that they wouldn't make a movie featuring the teacher-student relationship between Ip and Lee. Though, if they do, I hope that they really examine that whole period of life and show it for what it was. Some real insight would be nice. I don't want to see Karate Kid, Mr Miyagi bullshit. In all honesty, Bruce was just another student of Ip`s that just happened to become really famous. And, yeah there was some drama there regarding pressure being placed on Ip by some of his students to kick Bruce out because he was not full blooded Chinese; etc... But, now that you have two estates duking it out, do either one of them want to portray their respective icons as being the bad guy in that situation?

OpiumKungFuCracker
I was hoping that they wouldn't make a movie featuring the teacher-student relationship between Ip and Lee. Though, if they do, I hope that they really examine that whole period of life and show it for what it was. Some real insight would be nice. I don't want to see Karate Kid, Mr Miyagi bullshit.

Yeah, I have faith and confidence that the filmmakers will not turn it into some corny Karate Kid angle. As we all know by now Donnie Yen is the big honcho and king of HK so this is all going to be another giant vehicle for him, where he is onscreen 90% of the time. To be honest I could care less of Bruce Lee background story in this, as long as the fight choreography is the same as parts 1 and 2 and full of wing chun action, I am down like Bobby Brown.

Drunken Monk

I think Philip Ng would make a good Bruce Lee. He's young, a talented martial artist and has some solid acting chops.

Archived