Ip Man 3 - 3D (2015)

Maz

I'm sorry but this clip is FUCKING HORRIBLE. It's just so...cheesy and silly.

Pretty neat and amusing (CGI makes it look funny) all the same time. I Imagine this would've fared much better without slomo and with real cigarettes.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looked like an advert for cigarettes :laugh,,  I have seen some fights from the film and they are nothing like this , which is a good thing..

If that clip didn't want to make you stop smoking, what will??? Be like water? Nope. Who knew Bruce was trying to stop people from lung cancer in the 50s???

meh...weird scene... I hate it most when they make young Bruce Lee like he had already all his mannerisms from his later films in real life...that was well goofy. 

OpiumKungFuCracker

Someone leak the Donnie vs Tyson fight on facebook, those bloody bastards!!! From what I saw, the choreography looks snappin!!

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
On 12/30/2015 at 1:43 AM, Frank Bolte said:

meh...weird scene... I hate it most when they make young Bruce Lee like he had already all his mannerisms from his later films in real life...that was well goofy. 

Agreed .

Hokey indeed.

GD Y-Y

Drunken Monk
17 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Someone leak the Donnie vs Tyson fight on facebook, those bloody bastards!!! From what I saw, the choreography looks snappin!!

That leak caused so many people to voice their stupid opinions. It's unbelievable. "Ip Man would never have been able to beat Mike Tyson!" No shit, it's a fucking film. Do these people think there's a real dude call Tony Stark who's built himself a flying metal suit?

OpiumKungFuCracker
26 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

That leak caused so many people to voice their stupid opinions. It's unbelievable. "Ip Man would never have been able to beat Mike Tyson!" No shit, it's a fucking film. Do these people think there's a real dude call Tony Stark who's built himself a flying metal suit?

Bunch of trolls just trying to get a riled up. 

Drunken Monk
11 hours ago, Bus said:

Just enjoy things for what they are. . Entertainment. 

This attitude just never sat well with me. I don't think it's up to us, the audience, to enjoy things that are trying to be entertaining. It's up to those things to be entertaining. There's a reason criticism exists.
The much-despided Jaden Smith vehicle, "After Earth", is meant to be entertaining...but it's objectively not. We have every right to voice some negativity.

Same goes for the Bruce Lee scene posted above. It has entertainment written all over it, but the criticism is valid. It is hokey and badly shot. And it does feel like a cigarette commercial.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
38 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

This attitude just never sat well with me. I don't think it's up to us, the audience, to enjoy things that are trying to be entertaining. It's up to those things to be entertaining. There's a reason criticism exists.
The much-despided Jaden Smith vehicle, "After Earth", is meant to be entertaining...but it's objectively not. We have every right to voice some negativity.

Same goes for the Bruce Lee scene posted above. It has entertainment written all over it, but the criticism is valid. It is hokey and badly shot. And it does feel like a cigarette commercial.

adjective, hokier, hokiest.
overly sentimental; mawkish:
Two glasses of wine and he gets unbearably hokey; it's hard to believe he's a highly paid executive!
obviously contrived, especially to win popular appeal or support; phony:
The hokey stories of his impoverished childhood always surface at election time.

GD Y-Y

Drunken Monk
2 hours ago, GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG said:
adjective, hokier, hokiest.
overly sentimental; mawkish:
Two glasses of wine and he gets unbearably hokey; it's hard to believe he's a highly paid executive!
obviously contrived, especially to win popular appeal or support; phony:
The hokey stories of his impoverished childhood always surface at election time.

GD Y-Y

I don't understand this post at all. Are you saying my use of "hokey" is incorrect? Because, if anything, you've confrmed that my use of the word is pretty spot on.

20 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

This attitude just never sat well with me.

Could care less. We're all entitled to our opinions. I just try to sit back and watch the movie and not worry about trivial things I notice about movies. If a movie is bad it's bad, but I don't care if a guy doesn't reload his gun. I saw a guy talking about an actor who portrayed a right handed person and the actor was left handed. If you nitpick things like that you're just an ass. I was talking in terms of just enjoying a movie and not picking out all the small things to complain about. 

Drunken Monk
3 hours ago, Bus said:

Could care less. We're all entitled to our opinions. I just try to sit back and watch the movie and not worry about trivial things I notice about movies. If a movie is bad it's bad, but I don't care if a guy doesn't reload his gun. I saw a guy talking about an actor who portrayed a right handed person and the actor was left handed. If you nitpick things like that you're just an ass. I was talking in terms of just enjoying a movie and not picking out all the small things to complain about. 

I don't think anyone is nitpicking the Bruce Lee scene though. There's legitimate critique in this thread. The scene is shot badly with over emphasis on slow motion and it does look like it's trying to sell the audience something.
But, you're right, it's opinion. I, too, don't care for super specific nitpicking. But I do believe in critiquing bad film making, direction, performance etc. I also think fan service is getting way out of hand in modern cinema.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
21 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I don't understand this post at all. Are you saying my use of "hokey" is incorrect? Because, if anything, you've confrmed that my use of the word is pretty spot on.

D.M.

No sir not at all.

I used the word first in my post and we both used the word correctly.

GD Y-Y

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

ip-man-and-bruce-lee.jpg

ipmanandbruce.jpg

resurrecting-the-dragon-ip-man-3-to-feat

0be93d2a4867025c5aa3eea1fbecc293.jpg

This is why that Bruce Lee scene is so stupid, I know its a movie but come on folks.

GD Y-Y

Archived